Is this called track?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Jul 22, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

As usual be deep please! :bow:
    How many ideas are needed to be injected into a track vertically and horizontally? 1,2,3,.., or :dunno:

Better quality (listen to this one instead of soundcloud's):
    https://clyp.it/o22d41kg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

nothing is needed, my Foster, you're good, you're fine, just open threads no more ok?

now if someone would pay me a dollar each and every time this bozo opens a thread...

4. tooloud

tooloud Guest

It needs less of what it has and more of what it doesn't.

• Funny x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  5. TW

TW Guest

Like allways hard to judge. I allways have the feeling you try to hoax us. You are probably a well knwon good producer who laughs his ass off if he reads the answers :rofl:

But hey here is somethign to laugh.
    I normaly only judge the mixing work. Because music is all about taste and preferences, but in your case i have to...

...For my taste it is to random. Nothing that pops out and catches me...

There are nice little phrases and parts in your track. But they are simply not developed to the stadium where they catch the listener.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

I like how woozy and happy it sounds, but it's somewhat incomplete state irritates me in a positive sense of wanting to go with it in a much more contrasted and defined style. Also the drums suck like big time. Harmonics seem ratarded, but the lack of a nice melody does not really bother me. Comforting for buying groceries or riding the elevator I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

you could as well tell him it sucks donkey balls and it would still sound better

8. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

It surely isn't overdone ;)

9. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Wow... NOW i finally understand what youve been talking about. So this is why electronic music is so exciting, overwhelming, skillfull and breaking new areas compared to music with electric guitars etc. Just the hard work in the intro, damn.. not to mention the beautiful melodies that just hit you like a brick. So damn catchy, emotional and at the same time its like something never heard before. Breaking new grounds here. The choice of sounds is just spot on.. i so wish i could some day come up to this lvl in what im trying to create. But i guess im not thinking or trolling enough. i just go mainstream with a Guitar or Piano and what can never even come close to this..

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

Well at least you managed to stretch it out to 4 minutes rather than the usual 1 minute. Unfortunately with your music that's not a bonus.

I would have thought after all this time and the mountain of advice you have been given you could come up with something vaguely decent.

I tend to agree with TW, I still can't work out whether you know what you are doing and are trying to wind everyone up or whether you are simply musically inept.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

It's not just the notes. It's also the spaces in-between.
    Don't believe it? Take a Jimi Hendrix track and quantize it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. DarkLizzard

DarkLizzard Member

Gotta say that standard midi piano is good

13. seriousofficial

seriousofficial Kapellmeister

F***in' hell, Foster...if you'd spend all the time you've spent on starting yet another thread on yet another no chance melody, you'd be coming up with something that could actually be listened to for longer than just 4 bars. Maybe you should hit 4 bars first before you actually start 'composing' any new melodies coz I think it would improve the quality a lot when your head wouldn't be in the way.

14. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

I think you may be a classic victim of a desease called spontaneity. :)

it often leads to this kind of results. the problem with spontaneity when it becomes obsessive is that its a sign of an inability of concentrating and planning ahead.

i can be mistaken but in my ears you need to PLAN what your song is going to be. make it simple but don't you dare to touch the keys or midi input before having written down what chords, key etc next song is going to use.

give it a try and you will come up with a totally different result. hopefully a happy one :)

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

I am ever so grateful to you for listening but I think your problem is not just this track. You have enormous problems with the process of making electronic music and the transformation of your mind is not a job I can do anything about it. Also I've found out that most of you can not digest and follow the fast melodic and harmonic movements in the vast amounts easily and when you can not hum a melody, you essentially would not appreciate it.:yes:

I also had prepared more than 10 counterpoints to be added to this track but I think better to be ignored because you want simple melodic lines from me but I'm really sorry, I can not do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2017
  16. TW

TW Guest

You are using simple melodic lines Foster. It`s not like you have an jazz arangement here ;).
    You just make it hard to follow your lines. Develope them ... spice them up with something interesting. The basic ideas are really not that bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Downlo

Downlo Producer

I would ask, did you enjoy yourself making this track?
    Because that should be reason enough to continue making your music.
    Do you like your own music? Cause if your not trying hard to get a record deal, you're just fine.
    Otherwise you could do with some help. Just like every other musician who works alone on a song, a second opinion is something you can not do without.

Did you start this thread so we would just listen to it, or did you want tips or advise?
    In that case it would help if you asked a direct and easy to understand question. Because "how many ideas can you inject " is rather vague.
    But maybe that was just because you were expecting negative comments?

I have to say, if everybody here tells you it sucks then it probably does.
    Your reply that we/ they don't understand your complex music is just very silly and childish. But that too probably has to do with your expectations. And your experience on other threads you posted.

Keep on making music if that is what u love. From what i can hear i would say it probably won't be a succes commercially. But maybe thats not the goal?
    Who cares as long as your having fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. foster911

foster911 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  19. genophyte

genophyte Producer

needs more 21 savage acapella raps on it

20. Ponstory Games

Ponstory Games Ultrasonic