Is this a Yosemite thing or a network account thing?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Frubbs, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Frubbs

Frubbs Ultrasonic

I've been encountering a lot of fails with some kinds of patchers, and I'm wondering why and whether there is a solution. My employer recently provided me with a new Macbook Pro (retina 15", mid-2015, 2.5 GHz, 16 Gb). For the first time they've given me an account that's bound to an active directory domain. While I have admin privileges and don't have to be online for anything in particular, I don't have root privileges, so I can't unbind it or execute any sudo commands, such as altering the hosts file. This I can probably get around with legit Little Snitch, but the patch fails are a problem. Does anyone have any experience with this, and is there a way around it - could I clone the drive, reformat, and migrate from the clone to effectively unbind from the network server? Or is all this really just an inevitable result of the tighter security with Yosemite? My main production computer at home is an iMac running Mavericks and I haven't encountered any of these fails, even with the exact same installer and patcher.

The software I actually teach with is all legit, but I rely on a lot of examples and demonstrations of other software that my employer would not buy - and in many cases I wouldn't either, as they are negative examples or just snapshots of alternate workflows.