Is there someone or somewhere I can pay for them to convert a M4L device to RNBO?

Discussion in 'Software' started by arthez, Dec 31, 2023.

1. arthez

arthez Newbie

RNBO can convert m4l devices as external plugins so those devices can be used in other daws. I was curious if I could pay someone to convert a max4live device into a plugin for me.

I also have to know, if that's even possible, because I can download the max4live device, but I am not aware if someone can edit their patch?
    again, completely something I have no idea about.

3. monooxy

monooxy Member

Not really RNBO can export gen~ patches as a VST3 plugin, the result is as shown in the picture.
    m4l patches usually use many functions other than gen~
    RNBO can convert (only) gen~ to C++ code and JUCE creates a VST3 from it. In practice, you just need to install M4L with RNBO and press the button to convert gen~
    (The m4l from the sister site comes with RNBO)
    all the best and happy new year

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024

Attached Files:

4. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

does this mean the device will still function, just with no UI besides this basic one? the only thing holding me back from leaving ableton is my collection of Max devices.

5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I'll do it for $7,000 USD.

6. monooxy

monooxy Member

No, unfortunately that's not an option... Unless the m4l patch is just a gen~ patch, which is unusual since many other functions are usually also used.
    You cannot export m4l devises.
    But you can use the many examples included in M4l under help to create your own rnbo~ patch with gen~ and export it as vst3 .. copy paste play around

m4l gives the parameters contained in the rnbo~ patch this standard user interface.