Is there anyway to still get the Reason Rack Lite VST3 plugin

Discussion in 'Software' started by Noizey98, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

Hey Guys,

Looks like there are some dope plugins for the Reason Rack. Only problem is I don't have Reason (and don't want it), but I'd love to be able to use the rack plugins in FL Studio.

I know plugin boutique gave away the "Rack Lite" plugin for free a few months ago, but it's off the web now.

Am I outta luck or can I still find it somewhere?

Thanks!

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

NO, the promo ended ... You'll have to wait for next promo if you want it for free.

4. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

Can I buy the lite version of the rack plugin by itself? If so, I totally would. Just don't want to pay $400 for a daw that I will never use

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

totally missed that :o have to do some diggin.

Googled a bit, have nothing official found. Subtractor in Ableton was always my dream, or malström. <3

guess i have to wait for another offer then.

6. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

It was also included in "Reason Lite" which was also given away for free recently. I wonder if there are still any dls for that out there somewhere...

7. ArticStorm

as i know Reason, u have to auth it, therefore u would need a free license and this wont be given out at the moment. but thing i found is now to install reason via reason+ and go on trail for a month. and possibly reauth with different account every month, if thats possible? (last i have to check still)

8. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

nahh, that would be too much of a hassle. I'd see if I could buy a free license if someone could transfer it to me

9. ArticStorm

I just worked a bit with the Reason Rack Plugin in Ableton 10 on windows 8.1, it works great. and it was pretty fast installed, only download took a while.

hope i can find a way to reauth. And i guess this is some sort of answer to your question, if other search for it.

10. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

So you found a download of it? Where at?

11. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Avoid...Most likely unsupported at best or, fake license. Fl Studio has instruments that rival what is offered in Reason. Then there are the other 3rd party offerings that are equal or, superior to those in Reason.

If they continue with the over-priced purchase & subscription business model, expect them to be bought out or disappear at some point.

Don't expect them to offer another entry level or free product anytime soon, if at all.

13. ArticStorm

i installed reason 11 @reason+ and this brings the Plugin with it. it works for one month and when this is over i will try to reauth in some way.

but wtf 20€/month, so 200€ for the whole year, thats half of Ableton and you dont even own it ...
    And you have to login everytime for Reason, when u open it, the plugin doesnt need that.

Most of the presets still feel ancient, along with the guis, they are freaking tiney on a 1080p only imagine on 4k.

I am not paying for the lite version 12$ ...

14. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

It's the 3rd party plugins that make it worth it. Check out Parsec2 and Helium to name a few...

And you can also authorize your computer to run it offline using an ignition key.

$12 is hardly anything to lose, plus you can find Europa as a vst anyways...

15. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Still...If you are a FL Studio user, you already have very good options for VSTi. Balancing out with third party free & paid plugins would be the way to go.

The point of taking a chance on a possibly unsupported or fake license is not the cost, it is that you are saying it is okay to scam me & anyone else.

Reason Studios has stated that they are moving away from the "Ignition Key Authorization". Given the current structure it would seem they have completed that move and, are looking to most likely go all subscription. Presonus is already taking blowback for their "Sphere" subscription model.

Sometimes better options can be found if you take the time to look & research. Just thoughts to consider.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

Sure, I hear what you're saying. I actually already got the license and it's legit.

I do think FL Studio's default plugins are pretty meh, but yeah tons of great VST options. The advantage of having more options helps me gut out of a rut when it comes to sound design, and I think there are some great unique options offered as Rack Extensions.

Now I'd rather those plugin developers would just grow a pair and offer VST versions, but that's none of my business I suppose...

17. ArticStorm

not for me, i like subtractor to death, dont care about 3rd party stuff.

18. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

How is Subtractor better than Sylenth1, Dive, Repro, ANA, or literally any other subtractive synth? I think I know freeware synths that could give subtractor a run for its money...

19. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

It's totally not! As I think you know. But maybe only better on cpu. Perhaps why some people like it.
    Thank God! :hahaha:
    Whose thread is this? :winker:
    Birds of a feather...
    I think you should give yourself Best Answer for your eBay find.
    You answered your own thread question! :wink:

20. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

As the customer, it most assuredly is your business. Happy to hear the license is legit. These troubled times seem to have brought out the worst financial greed in some.

I like most of the synths offered in Reason but, not willing to give an arm and a leg. As for Europa. When put up against similar soft-synths, it is lacking in a few areas. The most important of which is big sound/tone.

Happy tracking!

21. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

I think Parsec 2 is the one that has really caught my eye. And there are a few wavetable synths for dirt cheap that look fun also...