Is there anyone here not interested in making music?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Bunford, May 31, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm just wondering if there are any like-minded people here. I do like making music every now and again, but my main passion is the tech behind it and the mixing and mastering process. I get way more enjoyment out of getting someone else's stems, mix them my unique way and then send them back than I do out of trying to make my own music.

Anybody else here in this boat? Since I was a young teenager I've been the same, and was always the tech nerd in my bands and always been more interested in the sound engineering, mixing and sound mastering.

Was just curious if there are like-minded guys here as most people seem to be music makers here.

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

4. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Real music? Everyone.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

I like to make music, always, but I rarely like what I make.

Each new track that I work on feels as if I'm trying to count the number of stars in the universe. The deeper I look into it the more I come to realise that I've been missing out huge chunks and need to finish what I started and start over again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I love everything about production, audio and video. From the artistic side and being in the zone and creating it, to the technical side of it and geeking out with CGI/special fx and mixing/mastering. I just cant get enough, its a drug to me for sure. Never enough time in the day to do and learn all I want to. My life is obsessed with linear timelines and layers.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

My sentiments exactly! Even the CGI aspect (love me some 3d Studio Max)! I love the aspect of learning, and applying what I've learned. Creating, and implementation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

I remix music into surround.

9. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I want to learn Cinema 4D, but Im still using all adobe stuff. Element 3D as a plugin and AE etc

10. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

11. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

The biggest draw to me with 3DS was the plugin architecture for rendering, and the ability to easily create a rendering farm. I had a 3d SBS plugin and the red/green lens stereoscopic renderer too. I did my avatar using Poser (forgot about that one) 3D Studio Max, and Photoshop. We have a lot of similar interests, @subGENRE!

12. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I agree. Not afraid to get our hands dirty with electronics as well. Like minds, cut from the same cloth, etc.

13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I like to make music, and usually like what I make.... but also quite confident it wouldn't sound as good to anyone else
    (except the easily impressed), so that leads to liberating humility and hubris, that only the uneducated will be allowed to
    to marvel at my skills... ( possibly)....

so little girl..(please show id first) what cheesy love song did you want me to cover for you next? :wink:

14. Warped Effect

Warped Effect Ultrasonic

I only use VST's as "real time voice changers", because i like to use VST's as my voice changer on PS4 multiplayer games or PS4 party chat, it's fun to use them for acting silly or trolling on PS4 voice chat.

I have no interest in making music, but i do like to test and find the most weird sounding VST's for "real time voice", and it can be interesting learning and experimenting with various VST settings, side chaining, etc.

Zynaptiq Morph 2 is one of my favorite VST's, because it sounds funny/weird, especially when you morph your voice with a song, it makes your "normal talking voice" sound like the melody of any song lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Hm...
    I really like to make music and play instruments in my free time but in the last years,
    I more and more went into programming stuff, trying myself in reversing and stuff like that.

So sometimes I'm here because I love to make music and sometimes to gain or share knowledge
    in completely other "genres".

16. Swiss Made

Swiss Made Member

In 1976, as a little 10yo pianist I was mesmerized by Jean-Michel Jarre OXYGENE album. The sounds were just incredible, I had no idea how they were created. Ten years later, I knew, and had a nice home studio, Fostex 16 tracks, Emulator II+ and synths. Then I had a career elsewhere, so no pressure to make it at all cost in the music business and used the studio as a way to relax and enjoy life. After a few years off, I'm building a pure ITB PC based studio, for the PLEASURE of composing. Still mesmerized by Oxygene, though :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. Regz

Regz Producer

I like everything related to my signature.... :)

18. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

You should immediately fire up C4D! I worked with lots of 3D stuff, including Blender, Z-Brush, 3ds Max and Maya. None of them can compete with the ease of use of C4D. User guidance, GUI, functionality - everything is designed to give you the easiest way to access this beast of a 3D suite. Definitely a step you won't regret.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I envy your avatar.