Is there any way to transfer the Spitfire LABS and BBC Symphony Orchestra from one PC to another?

Discussion in 'Software' started by civilizedproducer, Aug 5, 2021.

1. civilizedproducer

civilizedproducer Member

I want to know if there is any way to do it without downloading the whole thing once again? The Symphony Orchestra is fine cause it's just 200 MB, but the LABS library is kinda too big, around 10GBs. I don't have a good internet connection for time-being so I can't work on any of my current projects without them.

When I copied it normally, it did detect the folder, but the plugins say it can't open the preset files (i'm pretty sure it's not corrupted, i copied it multiple times from my old machine in which it is working fine.)

Spitfire says I have to "repair" the library but when I click on the repair button in the Spitfire app it starts downloading the whole thing again. I don't know why are they doing this cause they could just re-download a file which has the directories or something.

Please tell me if there is any way to do this.

Thanks in advance!

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

How slow is slow ?
    How many kilobytes per second (kB/s)?
    I would let it run day and night.

I think this is a copy protection from Spitfire so people don't just copy it and give it away for free.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  4. civilizedproducer

civilizedproducer Member

it's not about slow, but i'm currently stuck with cellular data with 1GB per day (until about a week or so) so i thought if i could just copy it and start working right away.

btw these 2 libraries are completely free, so idk why they're doing this. of course if it was paid it would have made sense but it doesn't in this case to me.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1 GB cellular ... Welcome to the Stone Age. I would look for someone in town who has faster internet.

6. civilizedproducer

civilizedproducer Member

yeah it sucks, but it's only for a week so i can manage with that lol.