Is there any way to get Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S25 to work with KK 3+?

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Bunford, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I read recently that Native Instruments apparently dropped support for their Mk1 S-range keyboards, which includes the only 25 key version they ever made (which is hugely popular!).

Apparently Komplete Kontrol version 2.9.6 is the latest version that support the Mk1 S-range controllers (so the S25, S49, S61, and S88), which was dropped for version 3.0.0 onwards.

Seems pretty shoddy to me as the Mk1 aren't even that old for a MIDI device, and I know some still use MIDI gear from the 90s and early 2000s that are still working and supported.

Anyway, just wondering if there is any way to get it to work, or is the lack of support hard coded into Komplete Kontrol 3+? Any way to migrate or merge the support files from version 2.9.6 into version 3+ to make it work? Just curious more than anything, as I'm sure a bunch of Mk1 S-range owners would be as well.