is there any videos proving reaper has same editing abilities as studio one, logic and pro tools?

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by Mama Mia, May 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Newbie

is there any videos proving reaper has same editing abilities as studio one, logic and pro tools?

4 times now I hear how great reaper is, as good as pro tools, yet on paper it does not even have 192 editing resolution...maybe audio play back quality but editing resolution is what im talking about.. here you see logic loose to pro tools due to flimsy auto motion nodes...
    anyone know this program well enough to give an honest comparison against pro tools editing ?

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

At this day and age when people are listening to "noise cubes" and lo-fi and 8-12bit samples are back in, you worry about editing resolution? :wink:

Make music, friend. Don't worry about tech specs. All is good. Everything goes. The results are what matter.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Newbie

but thats the question, I am interested in honest answers, can Reaper edit or is it all hype again, I have no idea why people claimed reaper can do same things like pro tools yet not a single data of proof.

5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Take 2A

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Take 2B

7. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Why don't you go and find out, publish it or make your own video and come and share with us.

Why do you think the world owes you shit? It doesn't and nobody needs to prove anything to you because you have a question that if you understand by extension are more than capable enough to answer for yourself.

I keep hearing people asking others the prove shit to them but they themselves only being leaches that love to engage in whataboutisim chains that always end up chasing red herrings down slippery slopes in circles.

:(

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. stopped

stopped Producer

is this all a troll
    who cares what's happening at a millisecond level

9. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

These videos are 4 years old, so I am assuming some of the DAW makers tightened up the sloppy coding after the videos were posted on their own website forums. There is no legitimate reason for coding bad mathematical functions, but not all computer programmers are created equal and the best programmers are probably working elsewhere for more money. It may seem trivial, but the small errors could be scattered throughout the software and they can lead to a cascading negative effect.

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  10. MdB

MdB Guest

i can make a video and modify audio and image to make you believe whatever i want.
    a video on YouStupid isnt a proof about anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

From chatgpt AI:

Based on the web search results, it appears that Reaper can be considered a suitable alternative to Pro Tools when it comes to audio editing. Expert Reviews notes that Reaper 6 is a DAW that is "perfect" for those who prefer a more editing-focused workflow than Pro Tools [1]. Additionally, a user on the Blackmagic Design forums stated that Reaper is a standalone DAW that can be used instead of Pro Tools for audio editing [3].

However, it's worth noting that Adobe Audition is also a top contender for audio editing. TechRadar ranks Adobe Audition as the "best audio editor overall," citing its "serious top-end sound production toolkit" that can handle almost any audio file [2].

In summary, while both Reaper and Adobe Audition are recognized as top-notch audio editors, Reaper can be considered a viable alternative to Pro Tools for those who prefer a more editing-focused workflow.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

My little advice, listen to music made by people using Reaper, then decide if it's good enough.

Technically, I've been using Reaper for 5 years now and I've never been stopped by Reaper limitation.
    I've edited a lot of songs for my band and for my compositions, audio as well as midi, Never had a problem.

Las but not least, there are tons of videos, well organized, at Reaper's website. Go there and search for editing, and make your own conclusions. https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Newbie

well reaper fans talk bs yet have not once proven anything they are talking about when comparing reaper to pro tools..
    typical PC anti Mac grudge., its the reaper and PC people who claim to have proof but never prove nothing, you can compare the resolution in action using automation nodes., I dont have the time or want to install more apps so I ask...incase most of you who are obviously developers hanging around here care as I see your offended about the fact I asked a sensitive question beyond the GUIs,reg users point to YouTube videos..something., programmers and PC users wanna be programers get offended they cant modify Mac apps.

so no one here has enough experience as actual sound engineers to compare f installed on your Macs (not PC)

14. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

No, go to KVR, they love this kind of stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Newbie

how can anyone know what music is made by reaper lol
    thanks for your reply but this has nothing to do with the question to regards if a none pro tools daw including reaper can handle critical automation editing for tight timely based broadcast and film..not music, hobbyists or professional etc

16. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Newbie

does not make sense, KVR is an american based website that actually does not support European developers other then IK Multimedia who agreed to deals in US schools...and they are PC based not Mac..basically anti Mac nerds

17. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Newbie

its what PC claim but not a single video to prove anything....you would think they jump on it if its as true but its not, I tried it and its worse then LOGIC when it comes to critical automation editing, Pro Tools uses 192k resolution for editing. other apps seem to be stuck in 64bit along with audio itself., dont worry about me disliking pro tools, I cant stand the whole pro tools platform and I used to think Digidesign was the problem, its not dig or avid its the share holders of Pro Deck who signed up pro tools to Digidesign in the 90s so they can replace nagar machines in fed agencies and field offices., since then they put the stocks like all US gov agencies into the ed system making pro tools as standard in schools to profit from it...basically a monopoly..but it does have great editing resolution..but I have to log into a internal SSD user on my Mac m1 to use it thanks to this agency and apple trying to isolate users into a internal SSD drive once the root password is linked to the Machine ID and SSD ID...once you put anything on external SSDs big bro goes bananas., they can only access snapshots., this si what apple told me.

18. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Exactly, they love all this, you are fishing with dynamite there, Reaper + Mac vs. PC, if you can throw something about Software vs. Hardware and if someone can list you their favorite plugins, you got yourself a banger thread.

Extra cookie points if you never respond to a thread and they reach 15 pages of discussion. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. anonymouse

anonymouse Platinum Record

Funny how I accidentally stumbled upon Reaper and never looked back. A friend showed me Reason, and by mistake when I got home I searched for Reaper instead.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

This is only speculation, but I think Reaper does well in DAW tests because they only have 3 software engineers and they've all been there since the very beginning, so the code is well maintained and easily modified.

21. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Newbie

he mentions reaper been the closest, but not what the pro tools slight edge is..this is what worries me, I tried reaper last year, around October..I opened a Pro Tools session I wanted to edit and see if reaper can handle the job, as I got to the critical audio areas I found it tedious in reaper to get a few accurate nodes...I dont know why but it would snap to the wrong node section...I gave up after 25 mins of trying to figure this out and asked a friend who was working on the same project if they had any results with reaper, studio one cubase and DP..no one found editing close to as good as pro tools., none of them needed to work outside logic live and pro tools but me though... but I had to try myself...so has anything improved cause in the video the guy says slight edge, nothing about the poor snapping issue in high res.