Is there any interest in this kind of music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Zenarcist, Jul 2, 2024 at 4:50 PM.

1. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I love this song, her whole new album, her work with Sonic Youth, her voice and poetry, her sense of texture in how she expresses either her joys or existential enui, and believe in my heart of hearts that if you, Zenarcist build it from your heart that they will come and drink from your waters.

I will listen to it and as well, I can imagine that if you trade in the family cow for some magical beans you might just be rewarded when finding the gold laying goose after a perilous adventure and so prosper from the experience.

Be like Jack,
    Be like Ray...
    and...............
    .......Go for it.

2. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

1. What does mean "audience" for you? Sonic youth had an audience or didn't?

2. I'm sure any good music one day will find its audience. The question is how big it will be, how fast it will be found, whether it will be localized or not.

3. I'm not a fan of Sonic Youth but I am definitely a part of their audience. Great collective with truly unique musical style.

3. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It seems that stepping away from the mainstream can be quite divisive, but it does have the potential to elicit strong emotions. Anyway, I'm on the lookout for a Fender Jazzmaster, gotta get this thing done :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 10:26 AM
  4. Putinaros22

Putinaros22 Ultrasonic

Awesome Track !!

5. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Kapellmeister

The original video is nice. it's got her daughter in it. as soon as i saw it I surfed on out to rutracker to get the whole album.

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

@Zenarcist Speaking purely on the creativity aspects positively, and your original starting post, even though I've read the comments.

Honestly man, the only person who has to be truly happy when writing a tune, or a composition, or improvising, or performing in bands/ensembles of any kind, is YOU.

Everyone honed in on the band. I honed in why the questions were asked. Dissatisfaction in ANY musician at some point is normal.
    Whether this is everything you do sounds the same and you are bored with your own writing or you are not enjoying yourself as much as you used to.

Cut yourself some slack. Take some time out and I mean a complete break from all music for at least a week. I'd almost place a bet that at the start of the week after not allowing any music in your ears you'll be hearing and feeling a whole batch of new ideas and inspiration. THEN, if you want to change direction it will more likely be for the right reasons.
    Cheers :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Try No Home Record album from 2019.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 4:02 PM
  8. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

fruuuu-fruuuuuuuu...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Kapellmeister

Just got it, thanks!!

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

maybe it was just that one song, some of the pieces are quite experimental and sounds good. ofc not my genre, but some good ideas.

no doubt about the mainstream being boring and predictable ... i can stand it sometimes ...

11. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

That's it, it made me feel like I was painting by numbers when there is an entire universe out there waiting to be explored.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 11:52 PM
  12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

yeah exactly, when i want to listen to music, new music, my mind wants to have something, which is new and not the same chords, simple idea you hear in mainstream ... its boring.

exploring new genres is amazing.
    i made a super deep dive into 90s drum and bass in 2019, to the point, when actual 4 to the floor music felt weird.
    i couldnt get enough of it ...

also explored psyambient, dub techno history + present, there is so much good interesting music out there and
    spotify/youtube makes it so easy to find and explore a genre today.

13. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Kapellmeister

for me Kim is as mainstream as it comes but she seems more honest. I like what she's doing. Kesha, I like too. blending the two would be a hit.

14. ULX

ULX Noisemaker

The weirder each song is, the more underground it becomes. Most underground songs depict strange spaces, and those who want to distance themselves from everyday life and the things they are familiar with should refer to mysterious songs. I can introduce thousands of these songs that you can feel the mysterious atmosphere in them, but there is something common in these songs that after listening to them for a while, you will feel a little tired in the ears. The ears usually don't react well to these atmospheres and they get tired quickly so you can't continue listening to them for months.
    Underground songs, because they are produced in the underground and there is not enough light and air to breathe, they cause this darkness and loneliness and the difficulty of life to affect the music and in a way these things are transferred to the listeners.

15. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Living underground is not like living up above
    You see no faces smiling 'cause your living like a grub
    One time looks of full content reduced to stupid stares
    This water smells, this food's impure and death is in the air
    Since it went...
    Boom boom boom boom boom
    Pow, pow

From a song I wrote years ago about this very matter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List