is there an EQ that allows you to freeze the waveform at a point you want and then apply ur eq

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by petrrr, Oct 11, 2022.

1. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

But he wants to EQA ONLY FOR THAT SPLIT-SECOND.
    It seems he does not want to set an EQ for this:
    "...apply eq to that moment only specifically."

I think he might need to change how he wants to do it and use an audio editor /spectral editing.
    If it is only a few spots that might be best, but I don't know a "free free" one.

If it is a repeating overly loud frequency, pulling down a narrow band with an EQ (using span or whatever to find the frequency) is just a normal EQ process, but it seems he does not want to leave that EQ setting on for the duration of the track.

Having a narrow EQ to lower a frequency like that switch on and off would be terrible.
    It seems that manual editing would be the only good way to go...

But it seems he's found his answer in Melda's Mequalizer...so maybe i misunderstand or he was not clear about it.

2. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I actually bounced back and forth between what you thought and what I posted earlier, because I really wasn't clear from how/what he was asking, and also from what he considered the solution. I almost erased my post, because I didn't see one of the more recent posts of his until I had already replied, and it sounded worded like how you were thinking. I really have no idea at this point, but hopefully he has his answer now. :dunno: lol

3. mino45

mino45 Kapellmeister

I think op could use a dynamic eq. It should do what he wants automatically or am i wrong?

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

He wants a frozen graphic displayed on the GUI of the EQ. In Logic, this is what it does when you hit spacebar to stop playback. It freezes the display. (What that means to someone, idk). (already solved).

[​IMG]

5. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Gain automation?

6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Yeah, but it seems he was not looking for automation but instant-mation
    If one wants to have it pop in and out in less than a second it could get jumpy.
    He said he only wants the EQ to be active during the very short window.

7. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Well, automation is the only way to lower a certain frequency range only within a limited time frame. At least for real-time applications.