Is there an app that batch scans LKFS and spits out a neat .txt file?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DSP4LiFE, Dec 30, 2019.

1. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

Looking for a way to check loudness across albums without having to open all the tracks in an audio editor/daw

If theres a drag-n-drop GUI that neatly lists LKFS, please let me know :guru:

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

foobar2000 + Dynamic Range Meter plug can do RMS

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I never tried but this one https://www.orban.com/meter claims to be capable of it.

From manual:
    'Launch the Loudness Meter via the icon on the desktop...
    The software can perform offline, faster-than-real-time analysis of audio files and the audio part of video files in many different uncompressed and compressed formats,...
    If, by using the “Folder” control in Settings, you have chosen a folder to monitor automatically and have turned “Folder Watch” on, all files in that folder will appear in the left pane of the Analysis window.'

5. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

I think NUGEN AMB (Audio Management Batch processor) does that and some..

"Rapid, file based loudness profiling and correction to ITU-R BS. 1770 (CALM) and EBU R128 standards. Watched folders, warning indicators, along with detailed post-mortem log files and graphing are all managed from a flexible intuitive interface. Easily meet multiple/complex delivery requirements through detailed auto-correct conditions, typically processing files at up to 100x realtime.."

6. lowsat

lowsat Member

try r128x that might fit what you're looking for

7. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

I read and looked up every suggestion, big love

but Algorithix's old DRMeter won as its super lightweight, and i used to use it in the past but wasnt aware of the batch mode (and i made a nicer skin & icon for the little portable exe)

Thanks Matt for the NUGEN recc, this one looks like a beast that has basically too much functionality lol, but its great to know about although i cant say ive checked loudness in anything that wasnt made by iZotope for a long time

8. BILIYA

BILIYA Newbie

If theres a drag-n-drop GUI that neatly lists LKFS, please let me know :guru: Lucky Patcher Kodi nox

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  9. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

10. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

But it doesn't measure LUFS/LKFS, afaik.

11. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

It does LU though, which is a good general understanding of loudness

LKFS and LUFS are identical in that they are both measured in absolute scale and both equal to one dB

Loudness units (LU) is an additional unit used in EBU R128. It describes Lk without direct absolute reference and therefore describes loudness level differences.

RX gives a very similar LU when compared to TT DROffline, so ill still use it.

But best would be the recently cracked MAAT stuff, which has the same ppl behind it as the old TT DR meters. I just haven't checked them out yet, they could be overly shiny, bloaty modern pieces of software