Is there a way to use Ableton and Fruity Loops at the same time?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Desantïs, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

I like both of these DAW's is there a way to run them at the same time? Or what possibilities are there for using them together? I like writing my songs in fruity loops because that was my first DAW but I bought a push 2 and like how the mixing is setup in Ableton.

3. You can use FL inside Ableton as an instrument

4. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

woah how do I do that

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

i know ableton live can run as either a rewire master or a rewire slave. When in slave it can't host any plugins (or max 4 live devices- i think- might be wrong about that :/).
    Not sure about FL and rewire, but there must be videos on YouTube that can help.
    Unusual to hear someone praise ableton
    Live for mixing. Many live users bounce over to a cubase/logic/ pro tools/ studio one style daw for mixing.
    Best of luck with his set up,
    keep us posted if it works for you because I have never heard of this combo before :)

6. @Oysters in electronic music production Ableton\FL is a pretty common combo

7. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

:like:That's cool, as a Mac user I never really looked into FL in the past. I always assumed that people used one or the other(live or FL) + maybe a slave like reason or a master like cubase. But now i know better, and as I think now FL has Mac support I might take a look at it properly:yes:

8. Yep! On the Mac side, nowadays, it's quite easier to do this than a couple of years ago... As a double user, I rather prefer the PC SIDE because (in my personal case) it seems to be far more stable with that kind of stuff...

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

Or use it with ABLETON LINK, on 2 different Computer (meaning : PC, Mac, Tablette, Phone,Ipad/iphone, etc..)
    They just need to be on the same local network.
    [ Don't know about the audio signal if it's send over network or not ]
    i'll have to try it myself soon ...
    https://www.ableton.com/en/link/
    EDIT --> after verification : your can run 2 version of LIVE or many Apps, but not FL studio sorry ...
    EDIT 2 --> or may be you can trigger PL as a midi intrument with "Link to Midi" ( ios for Ableton Link)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  10. Never had any luck with that... very bad latency (even on midi)!
    I cant really understand what I'm doing wrong even with the manual wide open in front of me! :rofl:

11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I would use ABleton as host so you can use plugins within it. Then you can either open the FL VSTi within Ableton or open FL as a rewire slave.

12. guitarie

guitarie Kapellmeister

you can open fl studio as vst in ableton. And you can send midi out with a virtual midi cable from fl studio to ableton. But the short key's of fl studio doesn't work that well. Copy, past, dublicate and that stuff.... This must be fixed.. then i will buy both Daw.

i had ask help here on the forum and made a video about it... https://audiosex.pro/threads/proble...i-open-fl-studio-in-live-9.19909/#post-129757

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  13. Den

Den Newbie

I use fl studio and ableton at the same time without the limits of rewire. I use asio link pro for Ableton and for asio link pro choose fl asio. In Ableton you need to set up the ins in the audio options. In fl studio use primary sound or flex asio. Now that is set up you need to patch it right in asio link pro, disconnect "asioadpro speakers in" to"asio driver out" now connect "asiovadpro speakers in" to "asio host in mix" now set up audio track in Ableton. Just need to know how to sync. I like to run fl studio as a sequencer for drums, slow it down, speed it up. With loopbe1 you can also connect midi out riff machine to ableton, just set it up in the "outs" in fl options. Now the audio goes out of fl to ableton 3/4 audio track.

14. MetaCastle

MetaCastle Guest

Yup loading the whole fruity daw was possible since the daw was called fruityloops aka v3.x days loading in cubase and messing around ah the days...

15. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Even older than this thread! And the banned member who you responded to! lol

16. Den

Den Newbie

Asio link pro is the key.

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

A calendar might prove more useful in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List