Is there a way to see the LFO rate when automating values in Ableton

Discussion in 'Live' started by iamsomeone, Jun 12, 2016.

1. iamsomeone

iamsomeone Member

Heya,

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to see the LFO rate in the lines when automating without having to check back into the vst to see if its 1/4 or 1/4t etc? Sometimes you move the line by just a tiny bit up or down and it sounds different, can be a hassle to get right... I know Ableton native devices like Sampler show you what the LFO rate is when you are automating the values in session view and it makes life way easier, is there a way to do the same for third party vsts?

3. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

are you talking about numeric entry ? to change values?

4. iamsomeone

iamsomeone Member

what I mean is there a way to see the proper values in the lines? I know some vsts allow to see the rates on the bottom if you select them (you can see with serum its 1/8 for instance at the bottom in the screenshot, but the values shown on the line are 0.56) While its not a nuisance for serum, there are vsts that make it very difficult to fine tune and automate as they don't show proper values :dont: I would just like to know if there is any other method that I don't know of that would speed up the process so I wouldn't have to waste 20min on getting pitch shift and LFO automation done correctly. Is automating using envelopes (the E button option in Ableton) considered better?

Attached Files:

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Not possible if the vst doesn't support it. You could always use the max4live lfo device and match it to the parameter you want to automate.