is there a way to have Two Waves versions that are shared plugins from sister site?

Discussion in 'Software' started by arthez, Mar 14, 2024.

1. arthez

arthez Newbie

FL Studio uses .fsts and you can't edit the locations it saves. They use things called waveshells, and when you install a r2r version, which the version I have installed: WC 27.05.20 W11, These waveshells are under different version numbers, and the installs require to delete all of the previous locations of your previous install. I have tried to update in the past, and ended up going through the hassle twice as the plugins wouldn't open or work anymore in old sessions.
    I am not sure what to do. There's no plugins like vocal bender with the flat pitch that my friend uses. it was a very good way to get different sounds out of the vocal and have it still crisp and prominent in the mix. and a bunch of other plugins I would like to try, but I have the same version I listed still as I kind of need to use all the projects I have with them.

Any suggestions? is there a no-install version? can I setup 2 different install locations? having one on my main drive and another on a seperate drive? yea. not sure what to do.