is There a Way To get Native.Instruments.Kontakt.5.v5.4.2. Working in 10.6.8 Mac

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by lyric8, Jan 1, 2015.

1. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Can i Get Just The VST of Native.Instruments.Kontakt.5.v5.4.2.UNLOCKED.Update.MacOSX-R2R To Work in 10.6.8 Mac i Know the Standalone Wont Work Thats OK i Got Native.Instruments.Kontakt.5.v5.3.1.UNLOCKED.Update.MacOSX-R2R Working as VST a wile Back But Cant Seem to Get Kontakt.5.v5.4.2 Working any Help Would Be Great Thanks

3. mono

mono Audiosexual

hi ive try alot of things to get v5.4.2 working on xp and vista as well what-ever n.i did there is no way back.
    looks like we have to make do with what we have,
    the only people that could realy help us is R2R :beg:

4. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-5/specifications/

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Back when I was insisting on staying on SLeopard myself, I managed to get certain NI things (I tested with like supercharger or something) to work by editing the system .plist before install, but it was a real pita, and there were possible problems,.... So I fear that it is probably not likely unfortunately...

6. tmoneygohard

tmoneygohard Newbie

use pacifist for mac you can simply fix the permissions on the k'ed and then copy over the other k'ed files and it should now work fine.Do not change the vst's or you can go to the application folder and go to the kontakt system file and change everything in there last time i did it on my snow leopard it worked

7. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

cool to know! the "official" and legit NI installer was an absolute no go for me.....

8. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Thanks Guy's For ALL the feed Back and info will try it Tomorrow :wink:

9. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

best of luck lyric8, i think i am going to have to take the plunge and try and install k'd kontakt alongside legit to use certain libraries, still little concerned about that, but one of these afternoons going to try!

10. anoniempje

anoniempje Newbie

Having the same problem swell.. Once i've got the solution i'll post it here! :)

11. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

12. tmoneygohard

tmoneygohard Newbie

Did you get it to update properly?

13. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

No Ha teenah thanks for your comment on My Post ( is There a Way To get Native.Instruments.Kontakt.5.v5.4.2. Working in 10.6.8 Mac ) But do you have More Detailed instructions i opened the Kontakt installer with Pacifist But Have no idea on what files to extract and were to put them if you have more details would be appreciated Thanks

14. Mahxie

Mahxie Newbie

yes right click on kontakt 5 component, and show package contents , right clcik on info.playlist, and change the version to 10.6.8 i did it with kontakt 5.4.1 on mac mini mac osx version 10.6.8, let me kno if it works for u

:wink:

15. AlexKnallex

AlexKnallex Newbie

hey! i want to use a full kontakt version (5.4.1) on 10.6.8 osx in order to use it with logic pro 9 only, so i can use the orange tree evoultion strawberry library, which requires a full version of kontakt, because it wont work with the kontakt player. i am pretty new to using external libaries in logic and could really need some help.
    i tried to figure out how to bypass the system requirement of the kontakt installer. i got a dmg file of it. with pacifist i can extract the info.plist file from the pkg but cant drag it in back in. i even tried to edit the distribution file of the pkg with flat package editor, but when saving the package, i need another identity to sign it, which is not available.
    i tried the instructions from Mahxie, but it only works when the pkg is "installed", but then only the folders are available and it is not a package anymore. what am i doing wrong?