Is there a reason to keep Kontakt Library Install files?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by El Duderino, May 9, 2024.

1. El Duderino

El Duderino Newbie

As the topic says, is there a reason to keep the downloaded Kontakt install files when you have tools like Bob Dules Kontakt Button that seems to do the "Install"? Are there things that the original install do that the Kontakt button don't?

3. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

If you're going to keep using Bob's or Danilov's kontatks there is no reason at all. If you are going to use R2R's one then is clever to have them around in case you have to format or the OS.

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I don't keep the installers and I use R2R Kontakt Manager tool. The caveat is that I store my Kontakt libraries on an external/non-OS drive. Therefore, if I re-format my OS drive it doesn't affect them. Once I've reformatted and reinstalled Kontakt and R2R's Kontakt Manager, I just need to double click the .nicnt file in each library to register them on my machine. This way, there is no need for the installers, and once registered, I can even easily run the installer for any update to any library (which installs over the registered library on the external/non-OS drive) before then deleting them installers too, keeping my libraries always up-to-date.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

ยจ

Didn't knew! Thanks for the info.

6. El Duderino

El Duderino Newbie

Thanks for the info Bunford! Appreciated! :wink:

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

What @Bunford said.
    With some old libraries this was different but now everything you need, typically some pictures for Kontakt 7/Komplete browsing, is in the nicnt file. And the preview sound files.