Is there a 64bit version of Soundtoys for Mac?

Discussion in 'Software' started by thuglife69, Jul 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. thuglife69

thuglife69 Member

Hi

as the question says. I only found a 32bit version, but 32 lives isn't working anymore on my machine and I don't want to pay 100$ for a 32 lives license that's getting useless once I upgrade to Catalina.

On the other hand, Soundtoys complete bundle is 500 bucks at the moment..

3. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Yes there is, but legit only. VST3 is currently in beta testing and will be out soon.
    They were on a 50% off sale last month, so you might want to wait for Black Friday or Christmas sale.. :dunno:

4. thuglife69

thuglife69 Member

Well of course the legit one works in x64 for almost 10 years already. Not talking about VST2.4 vs VST3, I just meant x64 VST plugins to avoid ht need of 32 Lives.

Wish I grabbed them on BF while I still had the EDU discount..

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'd buy Decaptitator with the money you are thinking of spending on Jbridge license, and then call it a day on the rest.

There is absolutely no way I would spend any money to run 32bit anything, at this point. But Decap is the only one I really miss personally, or find myself not having a clear obvious replacement for. That would just depend on what else you already have.

6. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

or klarna... thats what I have been doing. I actually have a decent job so paying $30 every two weeks for the softube pultec bundle and big purchases like that seem free damn near

7. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

except king dubby dub delay, that shit was fire, I would pay $30 bucks for a ported to 64bit version that works, but it cant be wrapped by 32lives and the new dub delays just dont have the sound this one had

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

I love FF Timeless, but there are other great (often less expensive) delays in 64bit. There are some "Dub" things made specifically for Reaktor which are nice, but that's a little far off original topic. Anyway, I was always partial to this guy:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. nashoniel

nashoniel Newbie

I have two license of the complete bundle. We can discuss price if interested.

10. thuglife69

thuglife69 Member

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I never use them. I also don't need Decapitator anymore as I found good replacement (it's still killer thought - but for saturation I mainly use the Kush Omega devices, and I also really love the Overloud Sculptube).

On Topic: I just need to work on a project I started 4 years ago, in which I used Metaplugin to create a certain reverb/delay sound. I used EchoBoy in that one, and I tried to copy that sound with Timeless for more than an hour, but I didn't nail it.

It's not that I need this delay every time, it was just the right thing for the synth in that project. Unfortunately, I cannot print the track with the Demo of 32 Lives because I need to work on that project for at least another two weeks, and some notes in the synth melody might change.

11. thuglife69

thuglife69 Member

Thanks for the offer, I already saw your thread regarding that. But price wise, I wouldn't offer you what you expect. I have two options in mind, 1) wait until Black Friday and grab the Rack Version of Soundtoys 5 for 150 bucks, or 2) getting a stupid 32 Lives license for a good price (have seen somebody selling it for 40 bucks) and finish my track now.

12. thuglife69

thuglife69 Member

Forgot

3) Struggle to finish the track anyways and keep it on the ground for another 4 years

13. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

Or send the project file to someone who has Echoboy and let him render the track as wav? In case you don‘t want to change anything on that track..

14. thuglife69

thuglife69 Member

Unfortunately I'm still in the composition process. I'll try another round of recreating the delay sound, if I fail I'll just get the 2nd hand License of 32 Lives for 40 bucks.. Think I'm gonna stay on Mojave for as long as possible - until Ableton and Cubase won't be supported anymore. Hope I can count with at least 3 years from now on.

15. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'd upload a short clip of the delayed part that you are trying to recreate from Echoboy; using other plugins you already have or can use without paying money for a one time thing. Get it as close as humanly possible and call it a day. No 1 track effect is worth 50 bucks. I would retrack the whole part just on principle of not paying 50 bucks to fix one song. sure; client exceptions...but you get my point. There is no effing way that would happen. No 1 single sound effect is worth 50 bucks.

@OP, my reasons for decap are much the same as yours. but I had that plugin in so many spots with different settings, it would save a lot of work if I had to open any of those older projects again. Luckily I don't often, and the free Softube one is good enough; and Saturn is nice too.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  16. k4li

k4li Newbie

where can I get a used copy of 32 lives