Is the 'Available Memory' on CleanMyMac accurate?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Sample Simon, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Sample Simon

Sample Simon Member

I am a new Mac user, and I recently purchased a new MBP w/ 24GB RAM.

Clicking on the Clean My Mac icon in the menu always shows me available RAM of about 3.5GB... how can this be correct if I have no programs running? Am I missing something???

Thanks for help.

3. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

what is the clean my mac icon in the menu?

4. Sample Simon

Sample Simon Member

see pic

Attached Files:

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

You are missing a clean system. Why are you running this? It "works it's magic" by constantly draining the resources of your Mac. It's eating clock cycles to look at nothing. The real magic might be tricking ex-windows users into buying their magic programs. Sometimes the "realtime statistics" they show you, are simply there to justify this program's mere existence. Would you run this vendors software if it said "Clean my windows?". Let's let the football guy fly the plane, indeed. Thats if you are lucky and this program is not actually full of attack vectors. Like Good old football guy. ;]

Look at your activity monitor. You can fire up Terminal, under utilities. Many of the old dos command line things you might want to run are the same anyway. be like netstat -n or whatever you remember and then correct your syntax if even needed, for really basic things. Figure that out as you bump into issues. not on purpose.

get BatChMod, PermissionsReset2 from Ohana, Codesigner 0.9, free LuLu firewall and/or Little Snitch. Install Xcode or home-brew. You can do that easily by reading about bitchunker. it drops an iso file into wavs at the command line, if converting those sample cd formats is of interest, by terminal commands. Get OSX Validate All AUs app. It can force any problematic Audio Unit plugin (those in Logic. probably Ableton idk personally), to force validate without rebooting.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  6. Sample Simon

Sample Simon Member

What, exactly, do you mean by this?

I don't normally keep this program running, I just wanted to check it out. I don't have any need to run it or reason. I really just wanted to be sure it was nonsense.

My activity monitor shows about 5GB RAM in use, so that seems much more reasonable.

7. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

check your PM

8. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

How to uninstall CleanMyMac X
    You can remove CleanMyMac X is by simply dragging it to the Trash. However, by doing this, as with removing any other app, it will leave application leftovers on your Mac.

It is recommended to use the Uninstaller module of CleanMyMac X for complete removal. And here's how you do that:

1. Open CleanMyMac X.
    2. Proceed to the Uninstaller module.
    3. Find CleanMyMac X in the list of apps found by the module.
    4. Click Complete Removal in the Smart Selector panel to mark the application file and all it related items for removal.
    5. Click Uninstall.
    6. Confirm that you are going to remove the app in the newly appeared message.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

I just mean that the program is unnecessary for most Mac users. It can do more messy things to your system, like the ones you are trying to clean up! See above user's post of uninstallation instructions. It says what I tried to explain to you more clearly, but
    I could have been more concise.