Is Pianoteq 6 a false positive?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Donut Nyamer, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

For lofi genres, it doesn't matter much imo so you can use it as it with a small amount of processing. I just how many choices they have & how quick + light on cpu so it's perfect for banging out compositions.

The thing with weaker or thinner sounding content is it's usually easier to process because there's plenty of headroom for growth. Don't get me wrong though, the weaker & thinner content still has to be clean at it's source. You still can't polish a turd if it's a noisy, low quality clip.

For example it's a lot harder to reamp a guitar that has all the fx on it already than it is to have your guitar going straight into your interface barebones. So I have the same outlook on most other sound sources too.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

That would indeed be pretty cool.
    Yeah I've seen false positives before where I knew it was safe myself but the software isn't so sure. Glad you can just set certain files to ignore though.
    It was either sister site or rutracker. But I notice they share alot of the same content just reuploaded. That is a good idea to do though.

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

A tragedy in 2 acts or 22 posts because of one (1) false positive. Really? :rofl:

4. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

So I got the latest version from the sister site & scanned it. This version doesn't seem to turn up anything. But this time around I was told to turn off heuristic scanning in ZoneAlarm so maybe that's why.

But I don't think it was anything to worry about. Thanks for all the help, I know what to do in these situations now. :)

We also talked about pianers. :keys:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. stopped

stopped Producer

if you're ever curious about a file just upload it to virustotal and it'll check it against 20+ different antiviruses

6. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

But it also give false positive

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Olymoon

Of course, if so many people add off topic comments...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Bottom line is this: If anyone downloads from any place other than AZ they should go back to that place and raise the issue THERE. And if they downloaded it from AZ, they should read the comments before coming over here with the virus talk. Don't we have enough with Covid-19? All these threads about a virus from AZ are Fake News! All of them.

9. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Also great advice in addition to everything else I've learned so far. Thanks.

Well said & good point. I learned lots so I will know next time. I just couldn't remember if it was sister site or not.

I will say that I've never once had a single issue with the sister site. I definitely could understand the frustration of the same type of threads coming up all the time though so I should have also apologized in advanced for not searching before posting.

10. Olymoon

A bit of patience with newbies is not bad... You can skip these thread anyway.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You are right. Indeed, I wont even test any other release from AZ whenever someone raises the alarm. Now, I will send notice to Rutracker, Pirate Bay,1337x, Go Audio, etc., that AS is offering technical support for any AV issues.

12. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

And people say that my sarcasm isn't needed! :dunno:

13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Because it is not Russian.:hahaha:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Been trying to install Pianoteq 6 cracked, but my f*cking windows defender antivirus is not letting me keep the dll file, it erases my x64 dll pianoteq file, but not my x86 version, and I need the first one, I ve tried to add the x64 dll application as an alowed application in Windows Defender, but when I try to select it, the x64 dll file, it does not show up, so I cannot select it, so I can t use Pianoteq in Reaper, only as a standalone application... any thoughts about how I might solve this? Thanks in advance!

15. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Been trying to install Pianoteq 6 cracked, but my f*ckin windows defender antivirus is not letting me keep the dll file, it erases my x64 dll pianoteq file, but not my x86 version, and I need the first one, I ve tried to add the x64 dll application as an alowed application in Windows Defender, but when I try to select it, the x64 dll file, it does not show up, so I cannot select it, so I can t use Pianoteq in Reaper, only as a standalone application... any thoughts about how I might solve this? Thanks in advance!

16. Olymoon

First of all, where from did you download it? If it's not from sister site, delete and download from sister site.
    If you use warez, you need a serious antivirus and firewall.
    Defender is the worst.

The solution is to install an antivirus that let you decide what to keep or not.
    Personally, I use Zonealarm free.
    If you decide to use it, please pm me and I'll explain to you how to get the most out of it, without hassles.

17. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

HEUR = Heuristics. If you read a little on them, they scan deeper but say clearly they can generate false positives.

18. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It's a pure coincidence that my bank account got cleaned out 3 times and my girlfriend's sexy pics appeared on a barely legal website, and it was definitely nothing to with this app!

19. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I'd laugh if you were joking but if you are not, that is really bad.

20. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I blame the The Pirate because I know he has good taste in these kind of matters. In fact, that's my girlfriend in his avatar!