OBOOM will be discontinued (as suggested by @Xupito: This is FUCKED up!!)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Pirate, Dec 24, 2018.

1. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Here Download works but Upload gives NaN B/s. But dont worry...They again will fix it soon!

2. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

@The Pirate Oboom is up again. Upload and Download is working!

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Noted. Thanks for letting me know.

4. don1

don1 Newbie

i still cant download any links from rapidgator with remote upload option at oboom....what can be a problem? use firefox as browser...only uploaded links are working for me....any advice what can be a problem?

5. M.V.P.

M.V.P. Member

Yeah Rapidgator is not working on Oboom anymore
    Hope they fix it

6. cooper

cooper Member

NaN B/s trying to upload files from UL

7. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I cant remember remote upload from rapidgator ever worked on oboom.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. demberto

demberto Rock Star

I tried, their API doesn't work. Not my fault. Let us be happy with the site.

• List
  9. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Sometimes RG links work on Oboom.
    I guess the problem is the policy of RG, after every 50GB of download it requires the user to change the login password.
    So whatever way Oboom accesses into RG links, it can quickly reach this cap and someone at Oboom has to somehow receive the new password in e-mail and input it to work. If they could automate it, I think this problem wouldn't happen so often.

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Do you mind explaining with more details what you wrote. I want to send it to my contact in Oboom support. Thanks.

11. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

It used to work flawlessly.

12. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

It's only a guess but what if because of Oboom's Usage on Uploaded, they have to keep buying a new premium account and then have to amend the details so the end user of Oboom can re-use it?

Purely hypothetical, but if the same problem arose with RG, maybe it was too much hassle for them to keep updating both?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • List
  13. jeshua haparua

jeshua haparua Member

QUETION:
    I am trying to upload from rapidgator to Oboom but i am getting 500 :error ; invalid content type.
    any idea ?

14. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Before using Oboom, about two years ago, I purchased premium for RG, earlier UL, and much much earlier FileSonic (in the stone age)...
    My experience with RG was annoying because of their practice, whenever you reach 50 GB of download traffic, they force you to change your password. I don't remember now if they send you automatically a new password via e-mail or first you have to request it, each time.
    So if it happens with AverageJoe, must be the same for the RG accounts paid by Oboom.

In case of UL, they also have a monthly limit, something over 200-250GB but that one can be extended, I don't remember how was it.

So, these situations can explain why RG or even UL don't work sometimes on Oboom.

15. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Here long ago I've already shared my theory about how and why Oboom can benefit from this free service.
    Let me refresh it briefly.
    Oboom gets premium account(s) on these sharing sites. Whenever a user Remote-upload a link from RG, UL etc. Oboom remote-transfers it from that original source link to Oboom's Premium RG/UL account*. When it's ready, you can see the file in your oboom cloud storage ("My Files").
    And when you hit Download from there, it starts downloading the file from that Premium account paid by Oboom, and not from the account where the original source link has been uploaded by a releaser.
    Whenever a user requests to remote-upload a file from RG/UL original source link, that someone else has already transferred to oboom, it recognizes that the file is already "owned" by Oboom on its RG/UL premium account. And whenever a user downloads a file from oboom, it will count for oboom as a download from its paid premium RG/UL account. And with it, oboom can earn some money, at least to renew its premium memberships and some more.

*it's possible that Oboom remote transfers the links from the original source links not to each site's account but for example only to uploaded accounts. UL premium users can remote transfer files from RG to UL accounts.

Oboom can be the enemy for the releasers, as based on my hypothesis, they get only one download count for their shared file, even if it's downloaded by multiple users via oboom remote-upload function.

If someone here has an active premium account for UL, could try something:
    - Upload a file to your UL account.
    - You don't share the link with anyone.
    - go to your oboom account and remote-upload the link to your oboom. Also download it from there. At the end of the day you will see UL counting it as 1 time download (even if you also download the file from oboom).
    - ask someone who also has an oboom account (if you don't have more oboom accounts with different e-mail addresses), share the original UL link and ask to remote-upload from that link, and ask to download the file from that other oboom account.
    If at the end of that day UL shows you that your file has been downloaded only once (from your original link), it would mean my theory is correct.

And Oboom doesn't need to provide their own storage space to operate these cloud storages, other then the server space to its website with the scripts to automate these processes.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  16. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

I always use Oboom,
    However, Rg linx dont work much of the time, Tbh I Personally find that only Ul Linx work regularly..

17. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@jazzzz Is all of the above pure theory or proven facts? I certainly do not want to reach out to them with something that is not fact based.

18. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

19. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

I stated it as a theory.
    But with an active premium account someone could get closer to the truth.
    Now, I don't think it's worth it to write the oboom-guys about this theory. They would react something like "dah", if not getting angry.
    The question is, in case this theory is correct, whether RG/UL/etc. sites would try to detect these automated processes and try to block it (oboom's server IP address).
    It can be difficult for them if oboom uses VPN to operate these processes.

20. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I know someone there, and he is not going to get angry. To the contrary, Oboom knows what we do. And so does UL and RG. One thing about Oboom is that they are open to suggestions and its support team is excellent, even for free users. I will contact a couple of members here who have those premiun accounts and have them test your theory. I will keep you updated. Thanks for your time.:like: