Is McDSP Revolver v6.1.0.8 WIN a good convolution/reverb plug-in?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mynock, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hello there guys and gals!

I don't want to bother the community with another topic regarding to "-what is the best convolution reverb plug-in?", but I really would like to know what do you think about McDSP Revolver v6.1.0.8 WIN?

Yes, I know that Altiverb 7 is the big standard (although I dislike the size of the library and its extensions) but since I never saw anyone commenting on this plugin, I decided to collect some thoughts from you, my experienced community fellows. I saw a tutorial on this plugin and found the basic three-band equalizer very interesting 'cos it allows efficient, easy and quick color control of the reverb tail.

What I find a negative point is the process of converting external IRs (from other sources). It seems to be a boring process...

Anyway, what do you think about it?

And thank you very much for your feedback!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  3. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

If you don't want Altiverb then you should look at Reverberate 2. I didn't used Revolver, so I have no experience with it.

4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Thanks for the answer nikon, but I definitely didn't like Reverberate 2 either. However, I'm really enjoying REmatrix. Very easy to use, no problems importing external IRs, and it has six modules that allow you to modify the sound of not just one but five combined IRs. Pretty impressive to me. Anyway, thanks for answering pal.

5. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

all I know is Dave Pensado uses the Mc DSPs plugins sometimes (along with waves and others).. I think various types of reverbs for various situations is good to have at your disposal.
    sometimes, you need something transparent, sometimes, you need character .. try them if you can.
    :bow:

6. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

It's a solid convolution plugin. But since McDSP Plugins require a physical iLok Dongle it's not an option for me. If he used the Software Licenser primarily, I'd buy from them. During Black Friday Sale, I bought ML-4000 but had to re-imburse it due to that.

Plugin Discounts were very genorous in my case.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List