is it worth requesting

Discussion in 'Software' started by eddielee, Sep 6, 2015.

1. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

Is it worth doing requests on AudioZ for PC stuff anymore the place seems to have turned into AudomacZ since the departure of R2R ?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

no never , requests are completly useless as people do what they want and not what you or request people want .

simple answere , or ?

just use and enjoy what you already have , maybe buy some things you use and like , and sit back and look what happen or what not happen .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

For samples at least, I believe it's worth requesting.
    New teams will arrive, don't worry.

5. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

To Request 1. To express a desire for, especially politely;
    Nothing wrong with expressing a polite desire :no:
    "It is worth it" in this context means is it worth your time?
    Doesn't take that long imho.
    Whether or not your desire will become reality depends upon the kindness of others.
    So in conclusion, If you at this moment are questioning whether it is worth the thirty seconds it takes to express your desire politely then also consider is it worth others spending considerably more time and hard earned money turning your desire into something real :dunno:

6. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

"Worth" in this situation is NOT only personal time and energy.
    Requesting for something PC related when the last team stopped can be useless for everyone.
    Mods will have to do more job, ppl will be frustrated instead of just ignoring things, requests will grow wack for nothing...

To me, OP question is really pertinent and not selfish :wink:
    Some ppl here will probably remember when some guy on AZ decided to request EVERY possible product ?

To me, it can be nice to request obscure products, and after some months. So it could create a kind of "reminder".
    And of course, like @mewoingtons said, samples and such products without any protection.

Requesting for the last Hive is just useless, as an example. But it is not R2R only related :wink:

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Of course you can request. As has been said, requests for "non software" llike libraries have a much higher chance to make a difference, but you never know.

Also, be prepared to receive a bit of criticism if you request software. There have been some disputes lately about this issue. I don't know why because I don't know how "the scene" works.

There are releases that use very old AIR stuff, and they begin to appear releases using R2R stuff. Besides, another group will probably take the initiative sooner or later.

8. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

I personally believe requests are never filled. I think its just a coincidence if you request something and it appears. Releasers (my friends and I included) buy and upload what they want. Never because someone's requested it, but just because we think it looks like it could be good :)

9. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

I personally have nothing against requests.
    But the story is always the same...as soon as either PC or MAC releases start to prevail or stop,
    people get in panic and start to get annoying...creating threads like this one! :hillbilly:
    Very seldom I've seen requests really done by the Teams.

10. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Some of request releases may simply be coincident, but it doesn't hurt to request some types of things that someone on the forum might happen to have, just not the mainstream new stuff.

11. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Before request a software is mandatory know the kind of protection and how much time a team spend doing and testing a crack.
    People ask for UAD (impossible) before testing things that already have in AZ, its a life of testing before ask or complain.
    Some protection are really a no go...

12. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

People requesting everything , you can also notice , developer X anounced a software to release in one month , one hour later in request .

Developer y released a Plugin today , 1 hour later in request .