Is it worth it living a life without drugs ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Feb 13, 2024.

1. toetea

toetea Producer

Life is so depressing man. I think it is impossible to be free from an addiction, you might as well just die (not saying you should, but philosophically speaking), everything else is limbo.
    A constant state of withdrawal and replenish.
    Everybody is addicted to something, we are wired for habit and pattern.

Pick your poison(s). Forget the weed and get addicted to women! If you smoke and did drugs your whole life and this is the results then maybe try a new path. Get addicted to positive behaviors and you will be sure to produce positive results.

I have digital hoarding issues, amongst a wealth of other skeletons in my closet. I make myself sick sometimes.

Know your mission and do not get lost in the sauce, whatever it may be.

@SacyGuy is right, life is really fragile. If you have close calls with death, you gain a whole new appreciation for life.

2. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

I can send you pictures of massive kratom dumps I've had to throw away in plastic bags because they kept clogging my toilet :cool:

3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I would suggest as @Trurl says - Exercise of any kind is something your mind can't really argue about.
    Because exercise is multi-faceted it tends to produce good feelings even when the system is messed-up, and feelings are what it's all about.

4. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

One can be proud of his downsides, but should not make himself a role model for others. In drug abuse, one can't see a clear mind or engage in any healthy, meaningful activity, but rather experiences a lot of blurred and mixed visions, along with unreal, false and vague ideas of oneself and the world. It can even lead to mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, psychosis, and, in severe cases, can trigger psychotic episodes or worsen existing mental health conditions. One cannot truly control his mind, and we do become what we think. So, at best, with drug abuse accompanied by some socially and ethically acceptable behavior, one can become a split personality, the opposite of the ideal of personal integrity.

5. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Even if any person decides to never take a drug of any kind or alcohol, it is still unavoidable.
    Some people stupidly disagree unless they have a deathwish. SIMPLY - If you are in a car accident or major surgery and rushed to hospital, at some point you will be fed some kind of opiate or drug to numb pain.
    In older age, anti-cholesterol drugs, diabetes, hiatal hernias / GERD, and the list goes on... some doctor is going prescribe drugs.
    Being well-informed allows any person to understand what to say no to.

I smoked shitloads of Gunja in my late teens right into my 30s. One day I just completely stopped. This means nothing. everyone is different. In many cases of harder drugs, it is for the same reason doctors prescribe opiates, pain. It's just that for many who choose to use cocaine or Heroin, from losing friends, the pain is one most doctors cannot fix, because it's not physical.
    Empathy is one of our greatest facilities. Is it worth a life without drugs? Wherever possible, absolutely, but a doctor somewhere down the track will prescribe some.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2024
  6. Kelsier

Kelsier Kapellmeister

I'm a bit concerned that you've been taking photos

7. Audioguydaz

Audioguydaz Kapellmeister

Thats intriguing! I hadnt heard of Kratom before reading this thread. Does it make you do huge poos then?

8. Such a binary view shows how little experience you have of altered states of mind, and what they do to the brain and consciousness. And you are making a huge and scientifically incorrect presumption that your interpretation of reality is the 'correct' one and that you even really understand it. You just have a mental model you are familiar with, but that's all.

You are just sharing second hand information about certain types of drugs. Only talking about the abuse of 'drugs' and certain dangerous drugs, as others here are.

This is only a small part of the story, some drugs have the power to be culturally useful, and profoundly insightful.

Like someone who has never had children discussing children, you stand on one side of a fence unable to fundamentally understand the powerful experience of the group on the other side. Where as I can still understand your POV clearly.

Comparing different drugs is like comparing food in taste and nutritional value.

Drugs can be a one way trip to hell and will do exactly what you described (Opioids)

Others have become powerful depression and addiction therapy tools, and are being legalised for this very use (MDMA)

Certain types might well have shaped the first primitive societies and have triggered a whole pile of creative and technological innovations (psychedelics)

And one naturally occurs in us, is utilised when we dream, when we're born and die, and might well be the key to understanding consciousness, reality and life after death (DMT)

I could go on and on. Its such a massive and varied landscape, for every 'dangerous drug' we are discovering incredible benefits when others are used creatively and therapeutically.

Cars can crash into trees and kill the driver, but lorries can deliver food and ambulances can save people from dying. Shall we ban vehicles and treat them all the same? Drugs are same deal....

9. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

First of all, we should not confuse drugs with medicines. The fact that I did not use any addictive drugs does not mean that I had no experience with people who did. In my neighborhood, there were dozens of drug addicts who lived or socialized nearby. I could observe them through my windows for decades, shivering and whining, sweating, experiencing cramps, looking disheveled and toothless, begging passersby for spare change. Sadly, most of them died before the age of 45, often succumbing to cancer, AIDS, or overdoses. Almost all of the females resorted to prostitution. Few, if any, of them got married or had children. Of course, many of these individuals were primarily junkies, but a significant number of drug users end up in similar circumstances.
    Regarding my experiences with altered states of mind, as I said, I actively practiced yoga for 11 years (though I had to abandon it due to an accidental severe injury). During this time, I achieved controlled, safe, and profound altered states of mind. These states of mind, among other things, shed light on the nature of consciousness, perception, the self, the essence of experience of feeling alive, and what is often referred to as élan vital. They also unveiled the mechanisms and layers of our experience and its interpretation. Unlike drug use, this practice is not haphazard or sporadic, it's devoid of terrifying experiences or instances of mental instability. Furthermore, it does not result in any degradation of personality or antisocial behavior.

10. Guru Bug

Guru Bug Member

There is a simple answer: NO :winker:

11. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Always have an alibi.

13. There's no confusion because drugs and medicines are the same thing. A street 'drug' becomes a medicine in the right hands, and visa versa. They are all just chemicals that affect us physiologically. Context and application is key.

Your yoga is another way to tap these alternative realities, physically no better or worse when compared to some substances. I've never experienced 'degradation of personality or antisocial behavior' , quite the opposite, while high I've encountered the best aspects of people on many occasions. My experiences of drugs were on the whole 'controlled and safe' and positive. I had one bad trip which frankly wasn't the drugs fault.

Your neighbourhood POV is valid and tragic, but its only one aspect of a complex worldwide culture thousands of years old.

14. loveriuz

loveriuz Producer

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

And of course the endogen drugs, that you only have to seat and enjoy:woot:

16. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Rock Star

is it worth lifing a life without a life? probably life

17. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

I've always liked these quotes (dunno why I got reminded here, sorry):

"A little poison now and then, that makes for agreeable dreams. And much poison in the end, for an agreeable death."
    -- "Thus Spake Zarathustra", Friedrich Nietzsche

"Solely the dose determines that a thing is not a poison."
    -- "Third Defense", Paracelsus

18. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

This ought to get my point across:

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. angie

angie Producer

Maybe they're all on acid but the performance is impeccable

20. Ryck

Ryck Guest

In Argentina, psychiatrists in inpatient settings do not require any court order to prescribe medication or administer injections. This depends on the patient; generally, if patients can be cooperative and controlled, there is no need to compel them to take medication, as they discuss it with the professional. However, if a patient experiences a psychotic episode due to not taking a specific medication, the doctor may be obliged to administer an injection.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List