Is it worth it living a life without drugs ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Feb 13, 2024.

1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

that's my question for you is it worth living life if you can't take drugs ? i will be in this situation for another 11 and a half years or maybe the rest of my life would you live life if you can't use drugs ? for me it's really
    desperate to have to face life sober , since i was 12 i started using drugs to escape reality weed and alcohol mostly but also had fun with coke and mdma also smoked heroin once , see i don't wanna live life like this but i don't wanna die either dying is horrible i just want my life back a life where i was free not a slave to medication like i am now 3 months off the f****** abilify injections i still don't have any strenght can't do drugs and im glad i didnt get Erectile Disfunction i don't know for me life isn't what it used to be now call me a junkie but things arent enjoyable as they used to be , somedays i get mad at music and think it's just nonsense noise with no actual value whatsoever besides to use drugs to it ( probably becouse mainstream music has though me that everything in life is using drugs ) don't get me wrong i still enjoy playing with a synth laying down ideas but it isn't even 60 percent as fun as it was while on drugs it's like things have totally lost their magic forever and it's burning me i don't have the strenght to live a sober life

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

In a very unscientific study, I asked most of my friends who are recovering addicts if their lives would've been better if not for drugs, and nearly all of them said yes. The ones I didn't reach it was because they either died from overdoses or complications related to drug/alcohol abuse (depression, cirrhosis, AIDS, etc).

I wished I was kidding.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. statik

statik Audiosexual

it's still worth it yeah, it may take some time but you'll get used to being sober. the first months are the hardest and just because you quit taking drugs doesnt mean you''re not in recovery anymore, your brain needs to heal. it's frustrating but it will better. as a recovering addict myself i can honestly say it does get better with time. also distractions are a great help.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

I started living when I stopped doing drugs, so yes, felt like time passed me by all those years and I stayed pretty much locked in my own world, but I managed to find my path and see everything more clearly quickly after that, so there's hope.

Yeah, most of the music isn't that deep, it makes most sense on substances, so just ditch everything you can't stand sober and find what you really can make and enjoy sincerely.

Hang in there. :mates:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

thanks for all the answers you guys are truly golden i hope i can stand this as good as i can it's hard for me tho

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

sad to hear that your friends passed away : ( may they rest in peace , i've never been a hardcore drug user like i've used hardcore drugs but never as a habit only drugs i did almost everyday were weed and alcohol and it's really hard for me at the moment to live without those two i try to beat my weed addiction with tobacco but it doesn't help , maybe i should get on benzodiacepines like xanax again but then it is poison and makes me unable to function sleeping up to 16 daily hours basically a zombie so i wont fall for xanax again

8. David Brock

David Brock Kapellmeister

I'm 65 years old and can honestly say I have never tried any drugs. I've never smoked cigarettes either. I don't go to environments where drugs are used. My only vice is about 6 pints of beer a week (I hate spirits and wine). I honestly couldn't tell you what weed smells like! I'm lucky in the respect that I have never been exposed to any drugs.

• List
  9. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

No:rofl:
    Took acid in '73 and never looked back.
    Don't do hard drugs or hard alcohol.
    That's for folks wanting to die.
    I'm 67, eat my own cannabis muffins and, if I feel like it, eat some mushrooms or smoke some DMT.
    I'm not smoking fentanyl from a tinfoil pipe.
    Please get off your high horses.
    Not everyone has a head that melts at low temperatures:wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

You can enjoy life with or without drugs. Drugs is the easiest way. Without drugs you have to work a little more to obtain the same feeling.
    But there are strong feelings on sports, friendship, nature, animals, food, spiritual, sex... too

Later, life is a long road, if you take care of your body now that you are young you are gonna have a much better time when you are older.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

in my case is not that my head melts ( no offense to anybody ) it's that i cant physycally smoke cannabis anymore due to 18 forced abilify maintena injections everytime i smoke weed i get a extreme shortness of breath that makes it almost impossible to breathe for up to 8 hours , i have to breathe through my mouth as the nose airways simply don't work and it's really hard to breathe either way , i was a heavy weed smoker from the age of 12 until the age of 25 i'm 27 now it's really hard to forget weed i don't think i will ever forget how good it made me feel

12. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

My opinion is (and I can't really lecture anyone about drugs...) that some drugs can be fun and good, but in moderation. The problem is that you might run into the wrong drug for you, and of course, with any mind-altering substance the concept of "moderation" can become fairly hazy.

And if you need medication that interferes with non-medicinal drug interests, I think the first one is more important.

I personally have found out that my life is better without drugs, so I only indulge very rarely.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. Fireplace

Fireplace Kapellmeister

It is glaringly obvious from nearly all of your posts that you only stay off weed because you're physically unable to smoke it. Why ask others if a life without drugs is worth it if you've already made up your mind? There is spacecake, water pipes and many other ways to run yourself farther into the ditch. If you really think drugs will improve your physical and mental health, don't let a lack of imagination hold you back. If you're still in doubt, add my two cents to the sage advice already given above: don't do it.

• List
  14. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

actually i never needed medication i have asperger or the same autism grade 1 my psychiatrist put me on it forcedly as an experimental medication to try and see if i would become more social and less of an isolated person spoiler it didn't work and now im f***** forever i hate her with all my soul

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Hang in there. Hug for you

16. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

thats normal, your brain receptors have to start producing their own dopamine again now that youre sober - once that gets started again, shits more enjoyable

17. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

It depends.

18. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

you are right but i think that abilify maintena blocks dopamine receptors thus making it impossible for me to enjoy the dopamine my brain will produce so i have to live without dopamine for another 11 and a half years at least that's what i understood please correct me if i'm wrong

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I will say this, if you do go ahead and get off the drugs you'll probably wind up replacing it with something else and the thing I would suggest replacing with is physical fitness. In my very very sober years I was a marathon runner :wink::wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  20. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

Well, that's the shit thing with medication, some take ages to work, and not everything works for everybody, so there's going to be a period of adjustment going either on or off a medicine. But if a suitable one will be found, it will make your life better, trust me, speaking from experience.

• List
  21. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

i won't take any more medication not even for a cold i'm anti medication psychiatry and psychology honestly i find it to be a very profitable bussiness for people with no ethics