is it risky to send my logic project file to my teacher if i used cracked stuff in it?

Discussion in 'Software' started by kontakthelp, Oct 10, 2018.

1. kontakthelp

kontakthelp Newbie

yeah, im on a logic project, of course the one or the other plugin in there is cracked, so i would want to ask here if its a good idea to send him the session file for analyzing.

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

That depends on what you're embedding in the project file.

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

What do you want him to analyze?

5. PrettyPurdie

PrettyPurdie Guest

Make him one of us !! ALL HAIL R2R !!

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Just guessing (I don't use Logic): He would need to have the same plug-ins installed in order to open the project otherwise this is pointless. Assuming this is the case, you might want to check each plugin one by one (Google?) to make sure that nothing pops up with a message stating that the project was created with a non legit instance of the plugin.

7. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Save project as xxxVersionTutor. Bounce the offending track to audio. Remove original track. Send project

8. DJK

DJK Rock Star

if you bounce all to audio before you send how on earth is anyone gonna know lol

9. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

One word: No.

10. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

are you aware of fact that any plugins you use and someone else doesn't have installed, will get bypassed, so nothing to analyze there?

11. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

If you're worried he wouldn't like to see cracked plugins in there and not sure about the consequences, then just use freeware equivalents of those plugins, or some other plugins you can afford. There are no unique plugins out there, well almost.

Also, if he doesn't own the plugins you used in this project, he will get the "missing plugins" notification. So if you want him to be able to open and analyse your project, you have to use the same plugins he uses.

12. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

hasn't your teacher already told exactly what kind of project-file you will send? stems, project?

for someone who receives a simple project its impossible to guess if the plugins used were bought or not, its not your plugs that will follow. its theirs, and if they dont have them on their system only empty slots will show up.

there is no chance in hell he is going to hassle with students sending him tracks he cant playback

the only theoretical question that could rise up in his head (if you send a mediocre track with tens of thousands of €/dollars in plugins) is how can you afford that all that money but that is all..

and if you do send him a track made with extremely expensive plugs, consider this. eventually you will want to share not only files but screens, co-work and bring stuff back and forth, show your daw to industry people and maybe even meat developers without worrying.

so maybe consider using regular priced plugs, and if you are not using expensive stuff then dont even bother worrying about all this

anyways, I assume you teacher must be expecting stems, that would be even "more impossible" to figure out

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  13. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

You should tell us if it's school, college, a Logic course, a music tech course etc. But I'm guessing the teacher would not expect students to own 3rd party plugins. If your course is learking how to use Logic, then he wants to see how creative you can be with Logic and Logic only. So just use the on-board plugins.

14. faunus

faunus Ultrasonic

i could say no , i suppose when he will try to open the project it will ask for the same plugins and your teacher should have them, but no way to specify if they were cracked....

15. thepie

thepie Ultrasonic

No. Besides Teacher probably uses cracked plugins as well!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Because you didn't buy the plugins you probably didn't take the time to learn them inside out (who cares about free stuff!), and it's possible your work may not be as good as someone who bought the plugins and really appreciated them, and took the time to learn every nuance. So if your work is of a lower standard than the other students, your teacher will most likely know it's because you used cracked plugins.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018