Is it possible to connect any chord to other chords without considering any rule in all keys?

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, May 26, 2018.

?

Possible?

1. Yes?

34 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No?

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'll absolutely get help from you but would you please first post only one piece has been done by math?:bow:

2. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

I'm still waiting for DAWs to become again mathematically rigorous (like their proto-versions were in the 90s) having some calculus/analysis functions for sequencing Chopin style stuff without having to be a piano virtuoso. The composition help software like Synfire/Rapidcomposer is also still pretty basic considering the knowledge we have in theory, but not implemented in any modern commercial package.

3. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Sorry, my friend, but I prefer not to associate this forum profile with my real life image.

And your comment actually reveals that you still did not understand that "math" is not math after you internalize it. Does typing on a keyboard feel like a math? Or doing any other activity? Musical activity can be seen as math only by someone not practicing it.

4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Don't wait for that. DAW makers are not real musicians that understand what musicians actually need.
    I don't want one of yours. I just want to know how a person who has internalized math can actually compose by it. At least one link to a youtube video?:bow::bow::bow:

5. farao

farao Rock Star

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

I know. I didn't want to open another thread for that.

Music theory in the basic and advanced levels are incompatible with each other. In the basic levels you learn sth that at the advanced level can easily forget them or do the opposite. I don't know what you call this. Breaking the rules or whatever. But I don't think it's breaking the rules. I call it ...

7. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Well, have you heard guys like Bach, Beethoven, Bartok, Debussy? They may have not been mathematically gifted consciously, but used such methods in their compositions.

If you are looking for lighter/ more pop style compositions - maybe Gershwin - one of the famous American composers - was a student of Schillinger who is one of the first theorists that used more mathy methods.

Pretty much any contrapuntal tonal or atonal canon work can be broken to a graph scheme - R. Morris has several articles on this topic. I don't know, if you are interested in oldschool (or modernist/avantgarde) polyphonic music, but it is pretty much "paint by numbers".

Pretty much any musical style can be broken down to parameters like dynamics, tempo, meter, texture, timbre, specific melodic fragments, harmony, form etc.

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you! I'll check them.:bow::mates:

9. farao

farao Rock Star

What is your goal here? To turn this great place to a infamous troll station? I am really tired of your troll threads. I am not a fan of reporting members but felt the need to report your craziness in hope of that some of the mods will start comprehending what the heck you are doing here, long term. My suggestion to you is that you get a grip on yourself and stop your divise behaviour and trolling threads. It is all to obvious that what you are doing is bashing everything being said just for the heck of it. I have used internet forums for over 20 years and your trolling is among the craziest I have ever seen. You are like someone bringing a big bag of mosqitos to an indoor party selling repellants.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. foster911

foster911 Guest

No! Finding better solutions for better learnings and better compositions without any confusion by disjointed theories.:winker:

11. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

:trolls:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. farao

farao Rock Star

Why you are not banned yet is a mystery to me.

I wish I could just ignore you, but it is really hard looking away from a troll capturing a freight train and speeding it up through the public, applauding the casualties. Maybe you should change the title back so that what people have put effort in writing is still comprehesible,

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

I almost acquired anything I wanted to get from the theory. In the future, I will not open another thread about the theory because I've found a better alternative for it. Music freedom instead of Music theory. I wish you'd reach it one day too.:wink::winker:

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2018
  14. foster911

foster911 Guest

The title reverted to its former one!:yes:

15. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

"Is it possible to connect any chord to other chords without considering any rule in all keys?"

Yes, thinking mainly about clusters or maybe, in some cases, post-tonal music (check some triadic post-tonality occurrences)! But as I know that you know avant-garde music, what I said is nothing new. Therefore, I can only assume that you are in a position to fraternize with people who think like you (or, provoke people who think differently from you, which would be trolling).

PS: I just saw that you answered yourself and everyone with your "own" method (again!!!): "Music freedom instead of Music theory. I wish you'd reach it one day too".

Again, this kind of relativism ensures that any kind of music can be written, just like a postmodern/experimental chef would presumably create bold new original dishes incorporating ingredients such as coal dust, styrofoam, and plutonium. Not many humans eat inhuman food as not many humans appreciate inaccessible music (a tiny minority within the minority do, in this case, specialized audiences).

So I think it's possible to create harmonic progressions completely detached from the general expectations that would lead to genres/styles on the periphery of the musical appreciation of humanity (specialized audiences fighting against windmills). As I had previously said:

[​IMG]

(...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  16. foster911

foster911 Guest

The result won't be necessarily Avant Garde. It may sound pleasing. It all depends on the different situations and composer's different feelings. By freedom I mean you can choose anything you want without thinking about the strictness of disciplines.:winker:

17. Lazybones

Lazybones Member

Ah, thanks for those. I scour Youtube for compositional help/ideas but then I don't discipline myself to use and absorb. I definitely need to hang a large dry erase board on my wall and start applying them out in a visual form

18. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

Wow, 9 pages and no end in sight. No wonder this guy keeps posting.

@foster911, how can you possibly discuss theory when you can't even manage to put together a single decent track? Might make sense if you had some qualifications in music and theory and knew what you were talking about but you obviously don't.

It's not my style to jump into threads and attack people like some others but even I am finding your posts irritating and meaningless and I find it sad that, in what is supposed to be a serious and helpful music forum, so many people are willing to indulge this nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. farao

farao Rock Star

You are always confined to something when creating music. Leraning music theory expands what you know and can do, which you then in turn could expand on to achive more freedom.

What you, Foster, seem stuck with from your postings is samplepacks and presets creating soundscapes without melodies. Is that freedom?

The truth is that you are limitied to posting your non evolving 4 minute soundscapes trying convince everyone that you know something that makes you create better music than others because of your ”total freedom from theory”.

To paraphrase Roger Waters in his album Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking... You are like a rather dull child painting stuff that only a rather dull child could have drawn. And that is ok, it is the part where you are trying convince others that your fingerpaining is a positive result from not learning theory that is emabrassing.

Reading your threads is somewhat like seeing someone trying to drown himself while bragging about it, then being rude to the people around him handing out floating gear to hold on to.

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

Wait for my next release! You would call it Musicscapes. The release date is not known so enjoy those existing compulsory Soundscapes for now. You can also post sth for other members and lay out your musical principles and priorities.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018