Is it possible to connect any chord to other chords without considering any rule in all keys?

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, May 26, 2018.

?

Possible?

1. Yes?

34 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No?

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Or attention...... now this stupid thread has been no. one since a few days!

Basically you´re intellectually lazy and seemingly have too much time you do not know how to use in a sensible manner!
    Result: You´re waisting your own life with this but more importent: You´re waisting other peoples time as well!

"To get more insight" means in general terms: getting a little smarter.

All you get because of this is disliking etc!

2. BibouLeNoob

BibouLeNoob Kapellmeister

It has the look and feel of a dumb automatic arrangement, so please attach your FL studio project in your next post.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

not to you specifically @phloopy just to remind us..and myself.. that by appearing here at all.. even to take the piss.. is
    a win for OP... do you think calling out a troll bothers them in the least... ?

remember, for a troll... any attention is good attention , no such thing as bad press..

feeding trolls ,just like feeding a stray kitty, only keeps them coming back for more.... with that I bow out.. :shalom:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

I just shared the basic idea. Let's see how much other people share.:yes:

PS:
    It was only a fast approach to show the possibility. Next One would be more customized because it seems you care about it more than the idea.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Why don't we talk about music? Here is an audio forum. I post everything I find with lots of examples and expect the same from others.:bow:

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

The only thing I don't need in my whole life is attention. Attention for what? More than attention I get tension.:yes:

I just try to be rich musically and everything I do is for that.:yes:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. BibouLeNoob

BibouLeNoob Kapellmeister

@foster911 I can hear from 1000km unoriginal automatic turnarounds - which you're incapable of voicing correctly - however dumb and lazy they might be.
    Stop pretending unless you wanna sound even unhipper than a musical bot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

I durd dis without deh theory guise! Muh choma chroma, no rulz here

presents static midi sounding turd well within the rules

Ground breaking stuff foster child, you're really leading the way

I ams free yalls

I ams free yalls

cants keep me down no mo

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

@foster911
    If you want to make music "without thinking about any theory" then you have my blessing. And the blessing of most people here, I believe. :yes:

But you do not do that at all, at least not yet. Your sound examples are terribly conventional, easily analyzable in terms of music theory and, by the way, boring and unimaginative. Some innovative, interesting results, something that deserves attention? No, unfortunately not. :(

Well, I can tell you the secret why that is, and why it will probably stay that way forever.

When you say that you did the music "without thinking about any theory", you miss something very important: What you do as a human is largely controlled by your subconscious mind, "thinking" is only for a small part a conscious process. The subconscious, in turn, uses experiences of your life stored inside your memory, that is, what you have heard, read, seen, and so on.

You - like most people - have probably heard a lot of music since you were born, most of which met the usual rules of music theory (classical, jazz, pop, edm etc), I suppose. So that music and its underlying theory as well, are in your head already. These experiences are evaluated by your subconscious mind when you are creative. That's why you no longer can make music not determined by any theory. To consciously (by "not thinking of") extinguish something you know subconsciously, is impossible.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  10. elegyproduction

elegyproduction Newbie

Just because you can pick any chords in a progression doesn't mean everything sounds nice together, can't force the psychology of harmony etc on people's minds and ears. To me it seems that you're just mad other producers follow formulaic conventions and garner tons of attention while you have this strange contempt for it, and believe that "rules" are mere arbitrary mental boxes. Nobody is stopping anybody from making music the way they want to make music; doesn't mean the public/listeners will enjoy it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. foster911

foster911 Guest

For a listener 1000 km away from here. It was only a basic idea. I know how to make things more complicated and neat. Please let's focus on the thread than finding fault with my posts.:)

12. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thinking is different than raising level. You can stick forever to diatonic functional and non-functional realm and make the most melodical music but that doesn't mean you can make every kind of music. Most music need equipping with more freedom and in freedom you can do everything without considering more obligations. For reaching freedom, thinking is needed but after reaching it, you don't need to think more.
    What do you expect from an attempt done in a short time? As I said it was only for the idea.
    If you have noticed my posted music to different threads, they are not usual music that people fall in love with them in first listening. This means I don't trust more on my previous listenings for making a reference point and establishing my subconscious mind based on them.:thumbsup:

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

These would one the consequences but absolutely I don't mean it. I mean music that people say it's been done by a human using notes in the most enjoyable manner. If someone enjoys them, it's ok but not my choice for now.:mates:

14. foster911

foster911 Guest

My only tool for judging is my ears. Everyone uses some harmony vocabulary in his/her music. This thread is for extending them and providing great abundances for your choices.:mates:

15. farao

farao Rock Star

The only thing you can learn anyone is telling them to trust their ears. Whooohooo. Why you need so many threads and posts to say this in your gibberish is beyond me.

16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Developed and discerning ear not the one stuck to simplicity.:yes:

PS:
    If you could read the next, I also talked about the extension.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
  17. foster911

foster911 Guest

What do you think about practicing the idea of this thread? Maybe leads to more findings by you to share here instead of waiting for someone to do it.:wink:

18. farao

farao Rock Star

What idea? Experimenting but without theory?Everyone is experimenting, the difference being you have no tangents of theory to use to concour new ground.

19. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Any chance you could delete this thread foster?

Ask a moderator or something like and Im sure they´ll help you out!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

@foster911
    Freedom is such a nice buzzword... :wink:
    If you do not have it, you want to get it by any means. But when you have it then, you often do not know how to deal with it, and it suddenly loses its value.

No one has pressured you to produce something miles below your lofty aspirations. However, when you decide to publish an artistic work, you have to accept something basic: Other people will critically deal with it and measure your work against your own claims to the artistic ideal.

And your work tells me the following:
    Either, you are still looking for your artistic freedom, since you are trapped in the shackles of your solidified subconscious, which you only could overcome with new experiences you'll have to make yet.
    Or, you have already gained your freedom, but now you are overstrained to use it meaningfully for your artistic purposes, and that's why you stick to your traditional recipes.

One way or the other an artistic dilemma, that expresses itself well in your own music.

(Sorry, but sometimes I feel like talking to a badly programmed chatbot)

Last edited: May 27, 2018