Is it, nowadays, worth to invest in your own niche music?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Demloc, Apr 24, 2022.

1. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

We both know that is not completely true, though it certainly appears like it on the surface. This is the perceived shallowness illusion generated by streaming sites where everything is available and the apparent limitless supply of every style of music has a lot to do with it. However, fortunately for creative people, there are enough people out there who will wade through the frogs to find their music prince/princess... :hahaha:

I personally found that people who went and sought my music out appreciated it. I think if had placed myself into a position of attempting to please the popular music lovers, you would be 100% correct in every aspect, within that genre. as long as people want to look for something different, they will eventually find it. :)

2. Most recent corporate streaming platforms are dying and are not profitable. Expect a lot of them to consolidate soon into one or two big apps, which will have to host a huge selection of studios and content. If these few mega platforms make money hosting focused content to a specific market (indie movies for example) they'll do it. And you can bet the corporations will happily court creatives who can make AI content efficiently.

So many of Hollywood's old corporate models are broken right now.

How to promote anything these days is a challenge though...

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

Cool, I wanna be in after this teaser.

Nvidia is the most valuable company in tech right now, so Nvidia would like everybody buys his precious cards at home. So yes, Opensource would be there too, in the interest of Nvidia.

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Holy shit. The DALL-E of video. I take this is really the big project of OpenAI's CEO which was part of the scandal not long ago. Not a super intelligent AI (EDITED: obviously he's gonna go for it but in the long run.. or middle).

This has a lot of very important ramifications, some already commented. Like actors image and voice IP.
    Wow, the exponential grow of AI capabilities is scary. It gives me the willies...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  5. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

Save the money on mastering and spend it on a really nice album cover for the vinyl release. Stereo is a fad, monophonic is coming back so people can listen to music with one ear and a podcast with the other ear.

a mono vinyl remix with a snazzy album is gonna be big in 2025.
    include a discount certificate for a dollar off on your t-shirt or hats.
    (then mark all your merch up 3$)

6. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

thanks for the heads up..
    I wondered what that smell was.