Is it just me or are metropolis ark libraries totally useless?

Discussion in 'Software' started by WarpenN1, Feb 28, 2020.

1. WarpenN1

WarpenN1 Member

I mean some string sounds have as large as 1/4 bar delay and negative delay doesnt help because different notes can have noticeably different delays so it doesnt sound right now matter how I will try to move midi back in the arrangement, it just sounds weird.

Another problem I have that metropolis ark has higher noise than my non treated "home studio"... with most of their instruments. Sounds to me like they recorded their samples in a server room lmao. :/

If I do midi arrangements that has lot of high and low notes, getting delay compensation right becomes hell without audio sampling and that's with ATK, ATK curve and release set to minimum.

Are there any settings I might have overlooked, would just be weird for this expensive library to be complete horse shit . :/

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

I haven’t noticed. Sounds weird

4. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Interesting, I had a similar thought. I tried out some of the brass and noticed that every time I play back the midi, there is a slight difference in rhythm, or rather, sometimes perfectly even midi patterns sound as if they're not even, or there's a hiccup or something. Which means that some of the round robins seem to have a larger delay than other ones. I didn't find a way to turn off the RR (and it would make certain passages sound weird, honestly).
    I wonder if this is an issue with Metropolis Ark, or if this is a general orchestral library related issue.

5. Philby

Philby Member

I use them all the time and I don't know what you guys are talking about! But consider, if the libs were unuseable they wouldn't be so popular?