Is it a good idea to remove the noise on guitars? [solved]

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Ryck, Oct 6, 2022.

1. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

Yeah this is the most important point.
    You will hear the static noise even when the guitar is playing .

2. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I agree with you, whenever possible, it is better to solve the problem at the source.
    It never occurred to me to move away from the PC, because when I played with the amplifier, that noise was there. I haven't played with it for a long time. Always with the PC, and always in front of the PC. I never move away when playing or recording on the PC because I have it in front of me. And now that you mentioned moving away from the PC. I turned my back and the noise disappeared as if by magic. I would never have thought of that. In fact if I move in front of the PC it doesn't go away. Only if I turn my back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Ryck

Ryck Guest

For Staff:
    Yesterday when my question came up I wanted to post it, but I didn't know how. The only way I knew was "Best answer". But there is no best answer here. there are many better answers
    Now I know what to put ( Solved). Thanks and apologies, you know I'm quite clumsy, it must be my age xD. Only yesterday I realized that I could edit the title.:deep_facepalm:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello Ryck do you still have an old tube monitor?

ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS

- Like all electrical office and household appliances, televisions and
    computermonitors emit low-frequency electric and magnetic fields. - Due to their construction or mode of operation (without a display tube), modern flat screens do not emit any X-rays, and the magnetic fields are significantly reduced compared to those of CRTs. www.bfs.de/EN/topics/emf/lff/application/screen/screen_node.html;jsessionid=616C8BDFCAA83A6B8B63AFF483F51F58.1_cid382

Shielding vintage single coils

https://www-gitarrebass-de.translat...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp
    Original in German: www.gitarrebass.de/workshops/das-abschirmen-von-vintage-singlecoils/

More: https://www-tube--town-de.translate...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Hello Beat, how are u?
    Yes, it's a SyncMaster 753, it's already in the trash haha. I didn't know that. So it is this monitor that is making noise.

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Sorry to hear you are still using a sad CRT screen. Yes, they radiate loads of EMI. Time to get a "better" screen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

BTW this is an area where a Variax shines. Piezo pickups + modeling might not quite equal the absolute perfect tone of your favorite guitar but it is dead freakin silent even if you record next to a radio broadcast tower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

Of course that is normal for single coils. Personally I couldn't stand the noise and switched out them in all my guitars for noiseless ones. Saw Robben Ford once and between songs, such a loud noise was coming from his amps he said, "what is thaaaat?" lol

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  9. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

Feels like the mixing version of starving Ethiopians :D

10. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

Got one of the strat style ones about seven years ago I think. I'm not one of those who's fussy about what kind of neck shape a guitar has... whatever it is I adapt to it. But this model variax came with the most god awful neck imaginable. Not only shape-wise, but it needed to have string trees for the B & E strings. Replaced it with a Warmouth neck and bought a set of tuners whose posts graduated in height from the tallest at the low E to the shortest at high E, which negated having to install trees. Otherwise, a nice guitar much in part to the warmouth neck.

11. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

If the strat is your main guitar it's worth investing in some noiseless single coil pickups.

12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Yes, that's a fact. The noise gate is enough only when the noise is low, seems that the OP's was too high.

Oh, that made the question difficult because almost nobody (Beat16: nicely asked) thought about an old CRT.

I remember a few times in my youngin' days almost losing my shit when someone left an important floppy disk over the monitor :crazy::trashing::trolls:
    :rofl: