Is it a bug? Ezbass

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wolfang, Feb 19, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Ezbass acts weird recently. Although I didn't input any notes for slap/pop articulation, it is automatically added. But it's not applied to every note, but some notes RANDOMLY. I opened my eyes wide and checked the piano roll carefully, but there was no articulation clearly.
    Is it a known bug?
    VR version 1.1.7

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Could it be just loud fret noise, since it´s not constant? I haven´t stumbled across anything like this with EZbass
    What happens if you lower the velocity of the notes? Does it still happen?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

The notes are almost even. I tried to lower some velocities, but no luck. I have no clue what triggers it. Probably, it's not cracked properly?

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Randomly emitted funk, because of incorrect VR release? really... What platform and DAW? Did you look in any automation lanes, etc? I bet there is a better explanation like a real bug for the problem. Their changelogs are a mile long on some version updates.

6. Longman

Longman Member

Machine learning.
    Be careful. My computers locked me in a basement until I fed them more knowledge.

7. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Windows 10 Pro and Studio One 6. I definitely checked everything including the automation lane. If it is not a bug, it could be intended, I guess.

8. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Probably. I also thought that. LOL

9. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Not familiar with the setup on EzBass but could there be a play style setting or interpolation from legato or note length.

Autofunk would be cool, if it sounds good - I would record it before it stops doing it.

10. MdB

MdB Guest

maybe your midi keyboard is dying (pots sending information or whatever) and added information when you played the bassline.
    if you used a keyboard of course.

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

well vr's 1.1.7 works fine on Mac. I can't see it doing something like this and not having been mentioned already. It's probably something more like a Midi being loaded into it, the play button pressed and the daw running un-tempo locked. @OP, do you know how to use ezbass well, or are you experimenting? You should be able to look at some kind of event list/filter in s1?...

12. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Well, I don't think it's related with midi keyboard as I used mouse to create the notes.

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

you would notice this issue with any other vst/plugin. it's between your daw and ezbass; most likely in ezbass itself. any kind of phantom midi data would also show up using other plugins. switch ezbass in your daw channel with another plugin and you will see this.

14. 1999

1999 Newbie

:wink: that's what I experianced once in the past .. not specifically with ezb, but some random MIDI notes have been triggered. It turned out my MIDI keyboard faulty MOD knobs were the cause of generating some random MIDI notes.

15. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Ezbass.JPG

I dunno. Check it out and find any kind of phantom midi data. I also checked every automation line, but found nothing.