Is crack time over?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by frisbi, Dec 22, 2016.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Well, I beg to differ there. All those render farms would catch on fire if they had macs in the server room.

2. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

[​IMG]

3. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

Yeah, that's what your mom said last night.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

Yeah true.

Now this is what your mom said to me the other night:
    I dropped my my son when he was four days old. Ignore the bastard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

of course.
    mac users expect a single-button mouse, and they expect drag and drop even where is not needed, just imagine using cubase without the right-click options ! i couldnt even play.

mac users suffer because when using windows they're facing a real operating system and this clashes against their mac-logic that developed after 30 yrs of crazy little ideas that never got widespread anywhere else for obvious reasons, no more and no less than the diehard Amiga users or those on custom Unix workstations like SGI.

moral of the story is .. windows dominates 90% of the PC market and apple is falling behind fast in pretty much any department, this is a fact and there's nothing the mac fanboys can do about it .. Apple is hardware company and always will ... i would expect them to move to Windows sooner or later and sell their gear for premium price, MacOS is dead.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

I'm glad your happy with your pc. But what is it that makes you so angry about people using osx that you feel compelled to make the same tired argument that has been made for decades? :dunno:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. TW

TW Guest

Dont know why but if i hear apple fanboys talk, allways this comes to my mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Did you ever work with osx for producing audio?

9. abcordle

abcordle Ultrasonic

yes yes i guess we all go through that phase, and i am most certainly at the point where i have way too many options for sounds, or hell even what synth to use... that it has become counter productive, i also have so many sample libraries, like 2 T of JUST electro house DnB type stuff that i dont even touch, dont even make that kind of music....I need to downsize, but i will not forfeit my Kontakt libraries, never, you cannot have them, mine mine:bleh::mad::wow::crazy:

10. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

Everyone has their own limits. For one person just having a simple soft synth will keep them busy forever and they will get endless creativity out of it. For others they need something new all the time to feel stimulated and inspired. It is just brain wiring. Option paralysis is certainly always a danger but every DAW is so complex now that being overwhelmed by options is always a risk (even without adding 3rd party components) depending on your attitude, training and deadline.

11. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

The people who think mac users are 1-button mice using simpletons these days are just as dumb as the people who think modern PC's constantly blue screen every five minutes.

Get out of the 90s and update your knowledge of modern computing environments, or, better still, realise they all do the same basic things in the same basic ways, and everything else is just preferences based on what *you* personally find works for *you* best (and this varies depending on the person), and ultimately, what *really* counts is not your tools, but what you do with them, and how much enjoyment you get out of using them.

If you're the kind of person who needs to rubbish someone else's choices because they are different from yours, or you can't handle someone else having different opinions and preferences than yours, you're probably fairly insecure and/or extremely narrow minded.

In short, I use "X", and "X" works for me, and if you prefer "Y", that's fine by me...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. fritzm

fritzm Producer

You are seriously out of touch. Have a nice life, but since you already know everything about everything, I'm sure you already know.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. fritzm

fritzm Producer

Ha, wasn't talking about commercial facilities. No doubt they use Windows machines because of the cost. Look, windows rules the world, OK.
    But there are many Mac users in my neck of the woods. Crap, what was this thread about anyway. lol

14. recycle

recycle Guest

Hey! I'm a mac user (apple magic mouse) and I do have the right click option!
    You mean that mine is not a real mac?
    Mac with right click ---> fake chinese replica?

Oh NOOOO

Now that I look better, the apple logo has a bite on the side: absolutely fake...

15. frisbi

frisbi Member

Come on.
    Who cares about this stupid war between Mac and Windows users.
    Very boring.
    I started this topic to understand if something was happening in the crack situation because I had the feeling that a big change was happening.
    I mean, how will we independent producers have to behave to have a professional sound Now that crack time is gonna be over?
    Who gives a fuck about Mac or Windows?
    Its just an instrument.
    Did You realize we are talking about music?

16. TW

TW Guest

But everything was said allready. Thats why this funny pc-MAc war started.

It is not over. It is like it allways was. Nothing has changed. Some things get released, some dont. Buy what you really want - or what you use regulary. That is what independend Producers do since there was the first release.

And by the way It is not like you wont get a professional sound if you use older plugins, cheaper or even free.

17. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

As much as I hate what has happened to the Mac scene on our sister site.
    As much as I like "Trying b4 I buy it", and I really do mean that...in the end though...
    BUY what you want and/or need!!! It might work for you greedy little biscuits!!

And yes...the Mac scene is pretty much DEAD! Now go create some music with what you already overwhelmingly have.

Peace.

18. daniel88v8

daniel88v8 Noisemaker

Is crack time over?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Crack time will be over once everything in the world is free for all.
    Operating Systems are like people, they have their quirks and some are more adept at certain things than others. They're different than each other. Better or worse is completely in the eye of the beholder. And maybe revision number. But that's ripe vs rotted. Not apples vs oranges.

I'm pretty sure rendering farms are made of PCs running Linux. Probably Red Hat.

I remember my introduction to the iMac. Graphic Arts and I was freaking because there was only one button on the mouse. Within an hour I had completely forgotten my initial fear. It's just intuitive. And extremely user friendly. Like BFF friendly. It was intelligently designed and that's the whole point. OSX is a different ecosystem and going into it expecting that environment to adapt to your ways is going to end badly. If you can open yourself up to a new experience and not be swayed by your own predispositions, it actually works very well.

Would I prefer a two-button mouse? Fuck. I'll take 12. But to make it work with just one and work well. Well, that's just technical elegance.
    I also love Jodie Foster and Windows 10.

With love,

Windows User.

20. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

kinda like the whole Linux movement. Back in the day i wanted to take down Micro$oft. Realized life's too short and that it's a recipe for hair loss...