Is crack time over?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by frisbi, Dec 22, 2016.

1. frisbi

frisbi Member

After years and years of "try before you buy" I stopped trying and started buying.
    The point is I don't find any interesting effects for Mac anymore on audioz site and I realised the best Vst effects for Mac have not been cracked anymore.
    Is the situation radically switching to a lower price uncracked plugins?
    I payed 300 hundred bucks to get VERY high quality plugins from Soundtoys, Eventide and Arturia, all with a Ilock online easy and fast authorization process and, well, I have to tell you my sound changed drastically in a much better way as i stopped using low quality cracked plugins and focusing on the best.
    But I think that all these years of cracks must have helped to reduce the prices and offer more affordable quality plugins to everyone.
    So that's a victory anyway.
    Thanks to all the crackers of audioz.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

I feel "the best" VST depends from person to person. Even though we want more stuff because its in human nature, stock plugins can do almost everything.
    Even though I feel sad for the current warez scene for mac, there are still some plugins like Waves which is more than enough for me.

I don't know if I am getting you but, crack plugins does not ruin the quality of the plugin. They just mess with the license and stuff.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. frisbi

frisbi Member

No I Just meant that The cracked plugins available for Mac have lower quality and lack of definition compared To some uncracked brands like soundtoys or eventide.
    Waves are ok But they are stuck To twenty years ago

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Rohan

Rohan Member

I use windows and I cannot imagine my life without Audioz.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

Is crack time over?
    i think for whitney houston is!:unsure::drummer:

• Funny Funny x 27
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

No, I'd say Mac time is over.

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • List
  8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

" payed 300 hundred bucks to get VERY high quality plugins from Soundtoys, Eventide and Arturia, all with a Ilock online easy and fast authorization process and, well, I have to tell you my sound changed drastically in a much better way as i stopped using low quality cracked plugins and focusing on the best."

I know man, i have been telling people, stop using that horrible 80gb Hans Zimmer piano, its low quality crack stuff.
    Use Arturia`s toy piano,it has so much more Swiss like hand made, pristine, boutique quality that i like to call high quality cracked VST.

• Funny Funny x 19
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

80gb for a piano is too much.

Better to use 80mb physical modelling synths instead.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i came in peace, but;

first: there are no crackers of audioz

2nd: no one cracks for you, your sis, me included and all the rest ...cracking is pure art ! it has nothing to do with us !

3rd: when windoz apps scene apeared there wasnt any scene for mac

4: be always greatfull, dont make stupid requests, buy if you use and especialy make profit from any cracked stuff you might have !

...happy holydays

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Caldera

Caldera Producer

The best EVER made = UVI Falcon. This beast can do everything. Just pay the $350 and you' re the king with support and free updates.
    This software changed my musical life dudes. :guru::guru:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. cooper

cooper Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

If memory serves me right... there was a 2 year drought on the PC side. Mac seemed to have everything... last year, Pc got most of the cream thanks to AudioUTOPIA. Christmas is just a few days away, so possibly there could be some major releases awaiting us. But don't get you hopes up if not.... in switching to PC early next year anyways.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

You did almost everything wrong, but the best part of your posting - as long as it's not a fake... - is

Good choice.

15. UV19

UV19 Member

Perhaps like many of you who have been in and around the scene from when we were just amateurs in our bedrooms to being more professional and developed musicians/producers ... also in our bedrooms .... is the realization that in the beginning when you have no real skills, experience, or taste, it is really easy to believe that the greater number and more professional the tools we have access to will hopefully allow those in the industry or our peers not to judge us as novices and beginners and instead judge us by our music or art. The problem is that though the access to so many "professional" plugins is now available to most of us who care to do a bit of digging and downloading, it starts a dark path of obsession with making the "tools" the main goal instead of the music or product being the main goal, which is what caused us to start the obsession in the first place.

Now that I'm older, more confident in my uniqueness as a musician, and have a much better perspective of the entire ecosystem, I can see clearly that obsessing over the tools is a necessary step of the process perhaps, but it can also be a huge waste of time that stops you from actually moving forward.

My best analogy that hits home with bands and musicians as well as "artists" or "artisans" from other mediums who also suffer the same problem is this: It doesn't matter to a professional chef what brand, quality, or how expensive the spoons, or knives, or pots they can cook an amazing meal with any tool they have available. Having the most expensive knives is a fallacy that only amateurs fall for ... real chefs know that the ingredients are more important than what you use to chop them up. Plus, no one eating at your restaurant or any restaurant can tell from the taste what brand or how expensive your cooking utensils were.

This is the exact same with producing music and why now I've actually began the inverse journey with plugins that I started years ago as an amateur, namely I'm more focused on simplifying my tools down and using the philosophy of "what serves my ingredients best" in terms of efficiency to minimize the time and thinking needed to get my raw ingredients to a fully cooked meal. The only thing great plugins or guitar pedals or instruments can do is make it sliiiiggghhttly easier to reach your end goal, but if you don't know where you are going or how to get there, it won't matter what vehicle you are driving either way.

In music, this is usually explained my the anecdote that everyone has probably heard already and so it has lost some meaning: Eddie Van Halen will sound like Eddie Van Halen on any guitar or instrument.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

Well, there is indeed something that happens with legit plugins. You USE them. Because you have to justify to yourself those 150€ you spent in a channel strip. This also helps keeping hoarding and option anxiety at bay. Using your bought plugins also mean you learn them, which is something you just can't do if you're always fiddling with this or that EQ that's just released on AZ.

And yes, I'm a hoarder :bleh: but each clean install, I am less and less. My latest project is being mixed almost entirely with the things I bought lately and it's my best mix so far, because I'm fucking using those plugins in each damn track. Maybe at some point I'll go full legit, who knows. Perhaps when some alternatives to my (ilok protected) favourite FXs pop up. Because I'm not buying a fucking iLok.

So yeah, don't be ashamed to buy the stuff you like... You could be surprised by the side effects.... :guru:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

At the end of the day your music wont sound ANY different if you use cracked or legit software. Your conscious might feel better about it but personally I feel that's just a placebo effect.

I started my music making journey in the 90's using hardware... so you can imagine what it must have felt like NOT having to spend an entire paycheck on gear simply because it was easier to "try" plugins. Having done that for years, I reserve zero judgement because I learned nearly everything I know musically from "trying before buying".

These days I purchase what I use not only because I'm a developer, but also because I wouldn't be where I am if I hadnt had the opportunity to learn what I know without cracked software. Whether you download warez or not, I think what it boils down to is intent... if its coming from a good place and you're willing to put back, then that's what matters :wink:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Is it really 80GB? I use NI Akoustik Piano and that's a little over a GB. That thing sounds great!

19. peacefulburningz

peacefulburningz Kapellmeister

I think its almost 200 GB uncompressed.

20. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

This is the same reason I don't generally use Prominy's electric guitar libraries. At some point, all that extra size for one instrument doesn't really affect anything, no matter how "realistic" you're shooting for.

21. Omman

Omman Ultrasonic

I have been downloading hundreds of gigs of software and plugins for years. Really happy I could try them all and it did help me make betters choices. Now, more and more I am buying all of them and I really feel good about that, placebo effect or not. My computer is cleaner, less crashes because I don't have tons of plugins I didn't use anyway that made my computer unstable. I just wanted them all, it was like a manic compulsion thing.

I'm finding out that the best softs are very well protected and they are worth it. I now own software from Steinberg, Propellerhead, Scuffham, IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, Eventide, Soundtoys, Air Music Tech, Arturia, UVI, Metric Halo, KV331. You also get excellent support from companies who have good reputation and no more hassle with bad cracks. And yes, since you bought them you use them as it is an investment in your creativity and production skills..Never taught I'd say that but here it is.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List