Is buying a Bass guitar still worth it ?

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by albar, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I vote agree simply because "just do it" look nice with the "agree" rating. It's nice to see. Nobody rate for the above post pls. It's already perfect.

2. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Darkglass has some gorgeous half cab.

3. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I was thinking about the Darkglass too, Marshall, Ampeg, Gallien-Kreuger, Mesa-Boogie among some brands for bass cabs.

Was thinking of going the amp modeling route but I'm changing my mind & probably first going to go with a good 4x12 cab or something then hopefully an 8x10 one & then I'll think about hybrid modellers.

4. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

go for the 8x10! you will regret about it later with the back pain and stuff, but it's totally worth it! I kid you not

5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

haha this actually might be what I'll do tbh because it will sound 3 hundred times better coming from a full cab than a half cab, that's for sure.

6. stuntdegrate

stuntdegrate Newbie

ez bass is great but Marvin Gaye said it best "aint nothing like the real thing" lol... sometimes music needs a little bit of human feel in this perfectly synced, digital world....ironic lo
    l

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

https://www.sweetwater.com/c577--8_x_10_inch_Bass_Guitar_Amp_Cabinets?sb=low2high

https://www.guitarcenter.com/8x10--...profileCountryCode=US&profileCurrencyCode=USD

[​IMG]

*Groans* Prices are kind of tripping me out maaan.

On the one hand I have a PA ready to go to give me time to save up for a proper amp head later down the line. Butt on my other hand I'll have to be using it to wipe my own ass like that kid from Big Daddy for a while to justify that price tag, maaan.

Choosing between my bass fingers & Waves Ass Fingers.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  8. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I have not read everything and there's a lot, but I will say this purely objectively.

Why would anyone deny themselves the pleasure of playing an instrument if they love the sound it emanates and have a desire to do it?
    They wouldn't, so whatever instrument anyone finds hits the magic 'I love that sound' spot, do it!!
    You only live once.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Bass Guitar is worth having. I bought one and I learned a lot.
    unfortunately I had to sell it.

might be better a fishing pole, at least you can feed your family.

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Are they playin' or dyin'?
    Brain stroke? :rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

"Is buying a Bass guitar still worth it ?"

If you have to ask, then you probably don't need one.

12. WIMA

WIMA Platinum Record

I used to have a bass (Cort GB5a), then it cracked the neck, then I sold it, then I regretted it ...

If you can afford the bass and intend to use it, why not?

Unless you are a person who does everything from a laptop and often travels ... Maybe you better use VST Instruments because it's more efficient ...
    Or maybe you are a typical person who prefers to do everything from behind a mouse, computer keyboard, and midi controller?

It all depends on you ...

Have a good day to all Audiosex.pro friends here ...
    :cheers:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

It's just what pleasure looks like, you don't know because I assume you don't bust your mirror out to see when ya bust a nut. Ask your girl about bass face, she's seen it.

But bass guitar lets you publicly see what your emotions look like in the flesh & no that fake grocery store smile you give the clerk ain't it.

You actually don't look how you think you feel. Hate to break it to ya.

True pleasure doesn't look like a girl trying to be polite in a restaurant with the use of 3 unnecessary wipes of a napkin each time she takes a bite at your first date when all she ordered was one sad stalk of asparagus to begin with.

Private bass face requires towels before hand & after because things shine so hard you can't let EVERYONE in on your minerals & the use of Vitamin D. They can go & purchase that at the store just like you did if they want that too. :bleh:

14. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

You regretted that you didn't replace your cracked neck CortGB5a with another bass?

15. WIMA

WIMA Platinum Record

At that time I was jobless ... Could not afford to buy a new bass ... To fix the neck at that time I was not able to either ...
    So ... You know ...

Nowadays I spend more of my time producing music than playing in bands like that time ...
    Maybe when the time comes (I mean the money comes ... :rofl:) I'll buy a new bass ...

Sometimes I borrow my friend's Sire bass when I'm lucky ... Lol ... :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Oh man I feel that so much, I really do. I'm sorry.

Yeah I took a very extensive break from playing when I went all producer on myself but I went back to it. Hell yeah, tell your friend that you need his bass because it's not going to slap itself. If your friend is being a raisin about it then just offer him a studio session in return he lets you borrow the bass for bit to lay down lines for your records.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. WIMA

WIMA Platinum Record

It's ok ... Thank you ...
    Sometimes I miss my bass ... So when I hear someone who happens to be able to buy a bass, think about whether it really suits your needs, if so, buy it and use it well ...

By the way, this is one of my own productions ... which is a cover song that I recorded using Bass Cort GB35a ... Not so great but I miss it so much ...

Good idea ... Thanks again for the idea ...
    But since this pandemic it is very difficult to borrow other people's personal belongings ... Including Bass ...
    So maybe if the opportunity arises, I will buy a bass ...

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Maybe it suits them, maybe not but I've never regretted owning a bass.

I start missing my bass the minute I put that sucker back on the stand after practicing.

Two weeks I ago I practiced for 3 hours straight where I was dripping in sweat. But when I put it back down my mind was already thinking about playing it again because my brain was resting & cooling off but my fingers were still not having it.

No problem, I hope it works out & turns out to be a fun project! I checked out your track too & I liked it even though it's not the type of music I listen to. But the sort of music you make right now is crazy popular & I think has been for quite some time now.

You're a very skilled player, I assume you played all the parts yourself. It sounded like a theme song to a show. Get your bass back whenever you can!

19. WIMA

WIMA Platinum Record

3 hours? I'm jealous of you ... Hahaha ...
    Practicing is fun and sometimes forgets the time when we are learning new skills or songs ...
    What bass are you currently using if I may know?

Thank you thank you thank you for checking ... I'm working on my 7th original song (Track #7) ... Metal genre ... I've also posted the sketch on AudioSex to get input from friends here ... Hopefully in the near future I can continue progress ...

By the way, what genre of music do you like and produce?

Thank you ... :bow:
    Actually the song that I cover is the soundtrack of the anime (cartoon) movie Rurouni Kenshin ... I really like both of them ... the anime and the OST ... So I covered it ...

Thank you for your attention, my skills are just as average as most people ... For that song I recorded and played the bass and guitar myself ... If I had the drums and the room, maybe I would have played it myself too ... Hahaha ... Until now I still use VSTi Drums to fill in the Drums section ...

Roger that sir ... I will ...
    Thank you ...

===========

I'm also really impressed with the sound and some of articulation ... But sometimes I really have a hard time getting legato slides and really realistic slides on the Bass VSTi ....

Maybe you have a friend and try to borrow the bass and try to record 1 session using real bass and another using EZBass ... Then you can see if real bass suits you better than using EZBass or not ...

There's nothing wrong with trying, right? :winker:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Yeah I was just on a roll that day & kept wanting to play. Didn't even notice how much time went by.

I play 4 string Fender Jazz & a 6 string Ibanez Soundgear bass. I really want a Musicman or a Warwick though. But I've also been really considering a Harley Benton bass because they have emulated a Musicman bass on there among many other basses & guitars.

Actually check them out since you need a more budget solution. The reviews I've been reading are top notch and nobody really complains so I may go with that before I start unloading too many bucks.

Corts have caught my eyes too but I've yet to try one. They look like beauts though! Any basses giving you the strip tease at the moment?

I record metal but swap hues around because chameleons love all their colors. I might veer towards death metal today but want black metal tomorrow while another day hardcore punk is the way. But when I make full circle I touch base in post metal any day. But I'm not elitist like most metalheads, I believe things can coexist without catching fire. :headbang:

It really did sound like a theme song to a real show, guess I wasn't too far off since it was. I don't watch anime but so many metalheads do. I want to check out Detroit Metal City at some point though. It's an anime about metal. Looked funny but haven't found time to watch stuff.

No problem, totally understandable. Most people don't have drumset or a way to mic them. Maybe no space for it either if they had the cash. But I will get a decent acoustic drumset with double pedals & mic them up the proper way. I'm in your boat programming them night & day at the moment too.
    That's the thing with these softwares, I found that for scraping demos together these are great because you will re-record over the midi parts later.

But if you make music that feature real instruments primarily then most people will be able to tell because I can never get that software to do what I can with my hands easily. If you need something basic, just for support then it will do it well. But not for more intermediate stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List