Is anyone using cracked Kontakt with M1?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by secrettunnel1234, Mar 8, 2021.

1. spncart

spncart Producer

It's part of Audiosex spirit :) You have to find out everything by yourself, and deduct things, keep making mistakes 50 times until you hit the right solution on the 51st attempt... There is maybe 4 different threads on Kontakt/M1, each with different tools and install instructions that contradict each other, it's pretty counter-intuitive.

Keep dreaming about an admin or member making a sticky post with clear and straight to the point, no-bullshit step-by-step instructions - in my experience people love to speak too much about themselves or as if you knew what they're referring to, so I'm afraid it won't happen here.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. blueline2612

blueline2612 Newbie

to help others For an Mac OS11 M1 install for cracked Kontakt: NO older version of kontakt needed, no copy and replacing cracked files, ect..

Search for on the web and Download
    Kontakt 6 - v6.5.3 R3 PROPER
    AKA: Native Instruments Kontakt 6 v6.5.3 PROPER MacOS-MORiA (1.06 GB)

Make sure its the larger 1.06gig size download
    It will contain two installation files, follow directions on which one first. Then "upgrade" it to the second installation included in download

After this step search the internet for "KiTTY Library Scripts" and download that. It will be a DMG filled with executable scripts that will allow you to add libraries easily. Run the "add library.command" and just find and select the library you want to add into kontakt. (you'll have to run this multiple times for every library you want to add)

It will ask for your password within the terminal window that opens, enter your password, then hit return for the script to run. If you DONT get it to ask for your password, it didn't work and the library isn't compatible. It will then prompt you to finish up by hitting a key and it should clean up the files and finish.

You are done and now you can run kontakt and see your installed library(s)

Confirmed working Mac mini with Mac OS 11.3 M1 chip -

3. Glimt

Glimt Member

:like: Many thanks, @blueline2612, :like:

for describing how to use the script. You made my day!

Having my libraries organized in folders like "Guitars" etc, I simply selected a collection folder and the KITTY script added the included libraries in one go. Pure magic!

4. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

Kontakt still needs Rosetta2 emulation, which is a bit pathetic,
    anyway, 6.6 VST3i works just fine with spt's patch

5. secrettunnel1234

secrettunnel1234 Noisemaker

just adding this in case other people run into problems and look here. the kitty library script does not seem to work through an external hard drive. I had to copy the nicnt to a folder on my mac itself and run the script on that folder. the good news however with that is it seemed to work with with every nicnt in the folder and added them all in one run.

6. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Formatted as MacOS Extended (Journalled) ?

7. secrettunnel1234

secrettunnel1234 Noisemaker

ah, no it is not. ntfs but i do use paragon.

8. MusicManSix000

MusicManSix000 Member

I am on a mac M1 - I downloaded Moria version and followed the instructions (installed both versions on proper order). When I opened Kontakt in Logic Pro X - it says it needed to be activated... Can anyone please help?

9. dave dee

dave dee Newbie

Hi Guys

where do I find the release of Kontakt that has the ked folder?

Thanks

10. lukeallison

lukeallison Kapellmeister

Firstly, thank you for putting this together so others could benefit from your efforts. I am in the same position that you were in - confused as hell and reminiscing on when this was so much easier. I recently upgraded my mac and installed the latest logic and downloaded kontakt 7. Since then I have been at a stand-still.

How is everything going?
    Have you upgraded to Kontakt 7.x.x or still pushing ahead with 6.x.x?
    Have you been updating your osx?
    13.x.x is the latest and I see you had 11.3 in your post above.
    Any further recommendations based on what you've learned since '22?