Is anyone using a registered Faderport with the R2R version of Studio One?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Barncore, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Just got a Faderport. I'm contemplating registering it so i can update the firmware and customize stuff etc. Will it compromise my R2R S1?

I know the unregistered Faderport will work. Hoping to hear from people using a registered Faderport with R2R S1

Thanks!

***EDIT***
    I got impatient and just went ahead and tried it myself. Yes it works. The "Universal Control" app doesn't require you to log-in to your presonus account to update the firmware. At least not the first time anyway.
    Mods, feel free to delete this post

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  3. I have a Faderport 8. It's registered and I use it with S1 from sister site. I haven't had any problem with the setup. The thing is though, the only time I allow Faderport any internet access is for an update and I do it with S1 not opened up. Following the update I immediately re-block Faderport. Additionally, I never allow S1 any internet access other than on the local lan. Generally both S1 and Faderport are blocked by my firewall for anything other than lan access which you will need in order for both to communicate with one another.

Hope that helps.

4. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I got old Faderport Classic, it was a huge pain to update firmware as it requires a computer without USB 3.0 bus, I ended up building old hackintosh just to make firmware upgrade,
    that said, it has no relation to Studio One, but it may change its mode (MIDI mappings) if you run Studio One