Is anyone getting tired of yet another massive Toontrack SDX library?

Discussion in 'Software' started by RachProko, Feb 5, 2024.

1. luckyLuke7

luckyLuke7 Ultrasonic

Another 100s of amen funk drums. Oh those boombap samples and some unison midi packs feeding all those arturia V colletion synths on top is the top formula for greatest hits.
    :dont:

2. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

this post made me dig into SDX, and wow, that 1176 emulation within it, SLAPS those drums.

3. EyelessFRL

EyelessFRL Member

Sometimes i use them too, the mixwave stuff its ok if you want to go for mix-ready presets and all that, but i think they have limits when you are looking for a more personal and unique sound. Same with GGD stuff. The other thing is that you cant alter configurations in them, you can change certain pieces of gear, but e.g if i want to have 3 different splashes in Duplantier´s kit or more toms, or add a china in Aaron Gillespie´s kit, i cant. Also, you get less built-in fx options, i mean if you work with them (i usually use external vst´s for my drum processing).

4. MFShreddage

MFShreddage Kapellmeister

Yes there are not many options for tweaking drums and some of them have a signature sound for example snares in jay weinberg drums and it's not good for poeple like me.
    I used GGD, Based on one time use, GGD drums sound thin.

What's your favorite drums for metal and heavy styles?

5. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I dunno why we should care it. The core library offers tons of sounds and presets. That's enough though.