Is a software issue preventing my phone charging?

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by Leonard, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Leonard

Leonard Newbie

I have a Samsung A40 smartphone, less than 2 months old. Usually it charges fine, but about once a week it stops charging completely, and does not recognise the cable, despite trying different cables, power-sources, and moving the cable around to get multiple angles. After about a day, it suddenly starts charging as normal.

is this likely to be a problem with the battery, or is there a software issue going on? I work in a country without access to Samsung support, so cannot take it to be repaired unless its likely to be a simple battery replacement. Any help appreciated!
    free ringtones: https://phoneringtones.info/

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  3. GetWrekt1

GetWrekt1 Member

I did a quick search, seems like a good majority of Samsung A40s suffer from charging issues after 2-3 months prior buying. Here's a forum where they discuss the issue and some likely fixes for it:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/620112/Samsung+A40+(UK)+won't+charge

If that many A40s are having the exact same issue, I'd assume Samsung is shipping out defective units. In which case, if you have a warranty you can just walk into the store you bought it from, explain the issue and get a replacement device... or have it fixed some way at least. But knowing how Samsung's customer support is, I don't know how much they'd be willing to help.

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Equally, if it was part of a deal from your provider I reckon it'll be dealt with amicably.
    Especially as there is an issue with the model as GetWrekt1 has found.
    I used to have Samsung.
    Switched to Hauwei, believe it or not!
    Best phone I've had so far, and best Android OS too.

5. GetWrekt1

GetWrekt1 Member

Ha, same. I used to have Samsungs, then as their quality went down I jumped ship to Xiaomi in 2016. On my second Xiaomi device now and I don't plan to look back in the near future. Great customer service as well.