Is 432 Hz better than 440 Hz?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by korgrog, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Rybrambo

Rybrambo Newbie

This is telling nothing. They should have played 440hz in the other room. SWIM told me that sound is very important for growing plants. In nature this is supplied by birds chirping in the morning for example. SWIM told me there is a farmer that plays classical music to his corn field every day and it outgrew all his neighbors fields. SWIM also tells you to feel sorry for my english.

2. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

this is true. I need to tell SWIM to go further in the experiment. SWIM will try to do a control, a 432hz, a 440, a deathstep/metal playlist, hyperpop, country, jazz, trap, and one of Katy Perry's California Gurls looping. SWIM will need to find many rooms, or perhaps build some sort of mini anechoic boxes with tiny speakers inside.

3. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

All this SWIMming makes me feel like I'm reading drugs forums around the turn of the millennium... eh, as told by FOAF.

4. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

That myth has been out there for more than a century. The usual nonsense about it is that it's a multiple of the earth's resonance frequency.
    Problem with that: It isn't and even worse, the frequency the earth 'swings' in is not stable because it is not perfectly round and it is affected differently by the suns gravitation over a year.
    There are several debunk vids on YouTube about that complete BS.

PS: If you dig pitch wheels artefacts, you sure gonna like the converted musik more.
    But that's not because of some esoteric theory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. altair033

altair033 Ultrasonic

The concept of a "second" is an arbitrary measure established in the past to have a standard measure of time, the frequencies and everything involving time is therefore arbitrarily dependent on it. 432hz is just several oscillations in that second, Tuning instruments in 432hz would create vibrate and resonate depending on the object. Different objects resonate in various ways. So yeah, tunning a song in 432hz is just that, a detuned song from the 440hz standard. It is completely understandable if you want it to be detuned as one might be tired of the standard tuning, but there is no mystic implication.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. digital self

digital self Noisemaker

no science says that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

OMG didn't saw that coming :rofl::rofl::rofl: . Fuckin' brilliant
    Could you... ahem... define "medicinal" here? Because some weekends I've happened to have some... aham... "non-standard-mushrooms". They were great, although not exactly medicinal...

8. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

Then stop thinking in seconds and think in rotations of the planet. That isn't arbitrary. Its science.

Aside from fluctuations, I did the calculations above. As an average, if we assume that it will average out at 7.83 cycles per 'second' and that we measure a day in 'seconds', you can do the calculations and completely remove the 'second' from your thinking. Now you think in comparatives.

There are 676512 full cycles of the Schumann Frequency in a day. Seconds are removed. So the frequency that we calculate in relation to seconds, 432 cycles of sound, regardless of what we measure those cycles against, still fit inside of 676512 cycles. Electromagnetic or sound the two sit parallel.

I'm no believer in any of this, I really don't care, but the fact remains that the cycles fit together perfectly, aside from the phase drift that we would get. That probably introduces analog drift to the sound, but in general its going to sit in harmony of the total number of Schumann cycles per day. Fact.

People are locking this into the 8hz and that's the misconception. Whether anyone did the calculations and worked out the 676512 I've no idea. I'm not that interested. We know from messing with sound that it would modulate if the two can sit in harmony together, sound and electromagnetism, so its not like we're sitting perfect divisions. It would modulate over 1566 cycles before coming back to where it started, but it will land back where it started, whereas with 440 it is less likely to ever join again in phase alignment.

There's an interesting video inside the Queen's Chamber where somebody records the static frequency of a fan or something. It seems to be getting locked in sync with the resonant frequency that the chamber sits it. Whether that's electromagnetism being locked or something I've no idea, but we're talking about waves, traveling through atoms, all of which are held together electromagnetically, so to claim that these different forces will have zero influence seems a bit of a wild claim to me. I think it would be hard to substantiate either way in all honesty, until it is tested and proven that it cannot happen, which of course is a negative, which is always difficult to prove.

9. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

Yes lets decimalise time.

So 100 hours to a day, 100 minuets to an hour and 100 seconds to a minuet.

Therefore a new second is 0.0864 of a existing second and a new 1 Hz is 0.0864 Hz at the current measurment.

So the question isn't 432 Hz but the existng 440 Hz or the new 5000Hz. Ignoring the lunch being at 50:00

10. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

Before someone makes a thing of the 5000 being around number, it only occurse since it's a day and not a year.

If we use a year and go from thewre the maths get baed really quick.

11. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

Decimal time is weird, but has been attempted. The French Revolution, anyone? I did read a sci-fi book once that used decimal time... by the end of it you kinda got used to it.

Though my fave is the Tonal system, where everything is base-16. Henceworth I propose a new tuning standard based on sankotonan Hz based on the Schumann frequency of ra punkto su-tonti Hz

12. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

Scientific fact is that the Schumann f is not constant. Therefore what do we do now? Retune twice a year?

13. reziduchamp

What does this even mean? Who mentioned decimal? I'm talking about waves, cycles. You don't need an external measuring tool. You don't need clocks. You just count the two numbers. They divide, so they can synchronize.

Cool. It falls out of sync, like an analog synth. Are you denying that analog synths exist of something? Are they not capable of playing music? We know they drop out of tune at times, but generally they are considered to 'work'.

Why are you quoting this video, which also quotes the video above as being fact? They're both claiming that this is all locked into 8hz and all those stupid subdivisions. I have shown the mathematics behind why it is in sync. This dude is saying that it is nonsense, based on his misinformed understanding of the Schumann. We know it as 7.83, not 8, so drop that shit and stop making up crap that is deceiving people.

The Schumann is probably as out of sync as an analog synth. Cool. Its out of sync at times, but does this mean we stop using clocks because they aren't perfect? These are dumb arguments.

The number of cycles is 676512 per Earth rotation. This divides by 432. Its that simple. Its in sync.

If we're talking about being in perfect tune with the planet, you'd probably need to only use tones that are directly in sync, which would mean that the rest of the scale is off in the classic way. Here's a list of cycles that are 'in sync' if you're interested:

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 16, 18, 24, 27, 29, 32, 36, 48, 54, 58, 72, 81, 87, 96, 108, 116, 144, 162, 174, 216, 232, 243, 261, 288, 324, 348, 432.

I asked AI last night, randomly. I thought it was weird to see this post some minutes later.

I'm guessing from the reaction that many people have already been openly mocking others about this harmony and have something to protect here. I couldn't care less, I'm not on either side. I just know that 'you're' talking shit when you say that these are not in sync or you're being anal. Looking for some kind of faults in the facts to stick by some mockery or something, like the YouTubers will now have to bunker in behind, because they look stupid for mocking people about this.

Get out your calc and work this out for yourselves people and stop ridiculing people if its going to make you look stupid down the line.

It might not be in sync with a year, I don't know, don't care. It might not sync to the universe either, but its a fact that it is in sync with the planet's rotations. That resonance is rotating around our planet and that frequency is in sync with 432. Fact.

14. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

Your missing the 1/4 cycle per year that makes the day we put in the leap year to realign the calender.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. stopped

stopped Producer

literally everything is in sync with the earth if you use the correct timespan

16. Emma Evi

Emma Evi Ultrasonic

17. reziduchamp

Good point...

So 676512×365.25=247096008
    247096008÷432=571981.5 in a year...

But the single day is totally off sync.

571981.5÷365=1567.07260274

So I did miss something and I was wrong. Its not in sync with the planet...

Today is 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59.9998357 seconds and yesterday was 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59.9996632 seconds... So the Schumann isn't perfectly aligned to 432. So the answer is certainly no... But for different reasons than what is being claimed. It has nothing to do with 8hz.