iPhone VPN 2018

Discussion in 'Software' started by DylanCooper, Nov 8, 2018.

1. DylanCooper

DylanCooper Newbie

I was thinking to get a VPN service which suits perfectly with my ios devices, i went to googling and found the guide of Best VPN for iPhone.

Here is the list which i gathered for iphone.

Which one should i go for?

Any suggestions?

PureVPN

NordVPN

SurfShark

CyberGhost

ExpressVPN

IPVanish

Ivacy

VyprVPN

TunnelBear

Private Internet Access

3. odod

odod Ultrasonic

they say NORDVPN is the best

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. king mo

king mo Newbie

I use Surfshark on all of my devices now. I really wanted a provider that didn't limit the number of devices. I didn't get it right away, because I wasn't ready to pay as much as they asked for while there were no trustworthy reviews. However, they've started rolling in recently and quite a few people started talking about it on reddit. I did try it and was left really happy with the speed and stability. Though, they are going to release macOS app only next week so mac set up is a bit of a pain in the ass but otherwise I saw no issues, especially with bypassing restricted websites or stuff like that. I'm just sad I didn't wait until their Black Friday deal rolled in. I found their 'blackshark' coupon on reddit, but I will have to ask their support if subscriptions can be stocked because 80% or so deal is pretty nice

5. DylanCooper

DylanCooper Newbie

@odod NordVPN is best for iOs devices right?
    Thanks for the suggestions

6. DylanCooper

DylanCooper Newbie

@king mo oh wow, that's quite impressive. Now i am confused in between SurfShark and NordVPN :/

7. cruzall

cruzall Noisemaker

:guru: You really really want to pay attention to https://www.privacytools.io/ when choosing your VPN. It's worth the extremely short read at the top of the site page as to why bother following the advice on this website. [I am not affiliated in any way with this site].

Anyway, scroll to the VPN section, which details the cost, number of servers, jurisdiction and if there's a free trial, with the link to the websites included in a sortable table.

Avoid all US and UK based services - https://www.bestvpn.com/guides/the-ultimate-privacy-guide/#avoidus :dont:

Two from your list are recommended on Privacy Tools:

NordVPN & ExpressVPN.

Nord seems about $30 cheaper per year so...

Quite often VPN apps can be unreliable, but that doesn't mean they won't work on iOS, it just means you'll have to use OpenVPN instead: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/openvpn-connect/id590379981?mt=8

Stay safe. :bow:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List