IPAD Music making por favor

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by LuckyMe, Jun 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LuckyMe

LuckyMe Noisemaker

I want to travel around the europe and still be able to make music , Dragging and ID14 and MAcbook pro is a big downside in the game .
    I was thinking of some sort of IPAD anything that would provide best battery and CPU , if thats even much of an issue , i hope not to run anything bigger than VOC / BIAS FX / DrumZ whilst writting music but am willing to take the more expensive road.

Is the setup of IPAD AIR 128gb /IRIG PRO DUO / a viable option for mobile music making ?
    Can You charge ipad and run irig at the same time ?

How much does an ipad battery last whilst recording ?

3. nadhili

nadhili Newbie

That's just a misc. track I wrote. You can hear the full version on my website: composerscottjames. I cleverly titled it 'Uptempo Rock Track'.
    snaptube telegram web

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Some iOS (Lightning) interfaces are able to power the iPad but the iRig Pro Duo isn't.
    That's not necessarily an issue depending on how long your recording sessions are, as long as your iPad is always charged well. You can however use the USB3 Camera Connection Kit (CCK3) to connect any compatible, i.e. class-compliant audio interface and charge the iPad at the same time, either by connecting the iPad charger or by connecting a USB power bank.

My rough estimate is that you'll be able to record for 1 to 4 hours, mainly depending on the CPU-hungriness of your apps and screen brightness.

iOS music apps have grown a lot in the recent past, so be sure to do enough research before purchasing any apps.
    Start with Garageband and make a list of what you like and what you're missing.
    You might like a linear DAW like Garageband, a pattern-based one like Beatmaker 3 or KORG Gadget, or even a looper like Loopy HD for initial capture of your ideas, who knows.
    Usually there are many ways to do one thing, and which you prefer is a very, very subjective matter although many will claim that this or that app was a "must-have" :winker:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019