iOS wares for beginners?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Codo, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Codo

Codo Newbie

Hi Audiosexers :wink:

Been on Mac OS since version 8.0, but tomorrow I receive this new thingie iPad Air2. And before I configure the machine with the newest OS etc., I better find a place to learn what´s needed to make the new uploaded audiowarez work.

A few years ago everyone was talking about OS jailbreaks etc. - Is it still necessary to use a special OS or???

Please give me (back) a little advice or drop a link or so :)

Thanx Audiosexers - You are the best :hug:

3. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

4. pompor

pompor Newbie

Hey!
    First of all you need to know how apple is securing the whole iOS...
    They are doing it with signing the code from apps on the device by them self in a way that only apps bought by you can run on devices under you control (apple ID)
    you can bypass this thing in 2 ways.
    1) Jailbreaking the devices.
    The complete check of codesigning will be bypassed and everyone could run any code remotly on you iPad, this is very not very good but a cheap method! (just google how do jailbreak you iOS version ;))
    2) Get a "Developer"
    If you are an iOS developer you are able to sign your own apps and get them on your device. for this you need to get a certificate and you have to register your udid at apple. officially this step costs 99$ but you can get it cheaper via "subsellers" on the internet.
    This step is more safe but also more complicate and costs some money.
    after you got your certificate you have to download a app, resign it with an app and then you can handle it over to your iPad.
    hope i could help you a bit (i'm using 2nd method)

5. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Just in case your iPad comes with iOS 8.1.3, which is unjailbreakable (is that a word?), the best purchase ever is Total Downloader. For two bucks you can download stuff from the sister site, watch videos, use it as an alternative audio player and forget about iTunes. The only thing it lacks is torrent capability.

For reals, try the free version and you'll come to grips about it.

Best to you.

6. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

yes 8.1.3 do have jailbreak because the groups decided to focus on 8.2 that you can install the beta (which is almost final) and do the jailbreak :wink: