IObit Live Update - can I remove it?

Discussion in 'PC' started by waverider, Jun 26, 2019.

1. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Hi,
    I have IObit LiveUpdate.exe on my system, and my AV is giving me a recommendation to remove it, as it seems it's a legit program that can however be used to install malware by malicious third parties. I have a ton of legit audio stuff on my machine. Do you know if IObit LiveUpdate can be a process that is in anyway neccessary for the functionality of an audio program? I've been hesitant to remove it but the more I see the warning from my AV I would like to go ahead and remove it.

3. demberto

demberto Rock Star

All IOBit products are mostly marked as PUPs or malwares by AVs. No IOBit software can be used to inject virus. It is reputed company. You would likely encounter problems if you have an IOBit software installed and delete the exe file

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@waverider Uninstall it. Who needs that crap anyways?:dunno: All those system optimizer are crap. Some of them are nothing but intrusive, resources-hungry useless programs designed to take the money from those people that are either too lazy to configure their systems themselves or those that do not know anything about computers, and after watching an infomercial at 2 am believe that a program will turn their i486 into a i9-9900K. Uninstall that crap. Visit the Windows threads on this Forum. It is full of optimization tips. Best of all, it is free.

Edit: You mention whether this program is essential to your audio applications. It is not. It is detrimental to your audio applications.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. demberto

demberto Rock Star

IOBit Unlocker comes bundled with a software called BRTSvc/brt.exe which is not compulsory to install. It has high chances of eating up your cpu power

7. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Thank you, everyone. I use Windows 7, and I was wondering where this thing came from, but you mentioned Unlocker which I do have installed. I occasionally use it. If I delete or deactivate LiveUpdate, would it somehow break Unlocker? I mean, I don't use Unlocker all that often, but when I do use it, it's a pretty great little piece of software.

@The Pirate I don't like system optimizers myself. Used some of those on my old machine and ended up getting weird instability issues after one use of the automated cleanup options. Was a mess, will never do that again. Thank you.

8. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Unlocker has probably no relation with LiveUpdate. It would not matter if you remove the liveupdate exe anyways. But if you have BRTSvc installed, first remove BRTSvc with Revo/IOBit Uninstaller only.

All those softwares saying Boost... Turbo... 100%... Clean... Advanced... etc. I never touch those software. Even CCleaner, never clean the registry. Letting the registry as is it is the best option as does not reduce performance and it is very dangerous at the same time if we delete/modify the wrong key. And cleanup?? I use the default disk cleanup, its way better/safer.

9. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Hey, thank you again. I uninstalled it and everything seems to work fine so far. Good riddance.