Introducing the Zoom LiveTrak L-12

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by korte1975, Oct 1, 2017.

1. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

LIVETRAK L-12Mix, Record, Monitor, Playback, and Remix
    With the LiveTrak L-12, you can finally mix, record, and monitor with a single piece of gear. It’s the only digital console that lets you mix your live performance and record up to 12 discrete channels – all while providing five individual custom headphone mixes.

In stores September 2017.

LiveTrak’s 12 discrete channels (eight
    mono plus two stereo) have a 3-band
    mid-parametric EQ and 16 built-in
    send effects. Its eight mono channels
    also have a dedicated compressor.
    With all these controls plus its
    12-segment LED metering, the
    L-12 offers just what you need
    for intuitive mixing.

Five Custom
    Monitoring
    Mixes

Each of LiveTrak’s five monitor outputs
    provides a unique mix, so every performer
    can create and save a mix that’s tailored
    to their preferences. Its headphone
    amplifier delivers volume that stands up
    in any live environment without the need
    for a separate headphone monitoring setup.

what you guys think ? i'm buying this to replace my r16

3. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

For those of you who want to know what the LiveTrack actually is.......

4. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i linked the video for those who want to hear how it sounds...... but thanks for being wise

5. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

No doubt fam.That's why i'm here.....wisdom.
    Peace

6. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Wonder how good the pre's are.

7. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

can be a marketing hype but they say these are their best sounding preamps so far. time and people will tell. people bashed the pres on the r16/24 hardware, i could get decent sounding mixes out from those,so must be better. the 5 headphone input is a selling point for me as i do small bands

8. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

I dunno, H5 had some major issues even years after launch, so I'm kinda doubtful about ZOOM.
    And that's coming from someone who owned H4, H4n, H1, H2n and H5, all of them were good but always had their own set of problems.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I though this was a nice feature also. I always thought it was short sighted for the Tascam Neo we were using to have only one headphone out available. The fact that you can customize the mix for each output is nice as well.
    We used that Neo to record a lot of our initial tracks, tracks which I still ended up using (after pushing them through a tube preamp). We moved away from it after I got a MOTU interface with 12 inputs. 8 inputs was killing me after the drummer added 7 toms to his rack.
    I never used the Neo for mix down (other than tracking mix downs) or mastering. All of that got done in the box as I felt I had better control of things that way.

10. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I would imagine those headphones sends are stereo?
    For me at $599 it would be a toss up between this and the Behringer XR-18 which gives you 6 more inputs but only one stereo and 6 mono returns, which could be configured as three stereo. I understand these are made for different purposes but the ability to perform live AND record is an added bonus with the XR-18. There's a MIDAS MR-18 with improved preamps for $900.

The XR performed admirably for a few months. No need for a rack full of EQs or effects (includes four) at the FOH desk since all outputs had a 31 band. Just sit at the bar mostly or walk around and mix with your tablet or phone.

11. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

built in headphone amp hello ? faders? comps? totally different animal altogetha

12. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Behringer has EQ, Comp and Gate on every channel also. Faders are just another part to fail.
    I just find, at this price point, the XR-18 is slightly more versatile. All you need is a laptop to record and also to have hardwired as backup just in case the wifi goes down at gigs.
    12 to 18 inputs is a huge difference? Could be the difference between properly mic'ing the drums and/or having two extra for crowd noise.
    Every musician controling their own mix with their phones = less hassle for the engineer and possible simultaneous performer.

13. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

laptop , wifi, smart phones ? all weak points. this unit is for small gigs / rehearsals

14. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

what you see as weak points I see as advantages. Not being hassled every time a muso wants a monitor/headphone level change is a weak point? Ah....ok. You must be surrounded by the most undemanding groups of musicians.
    Laptop means you can route pre recorded audio/loops, use any DAW efx and run VST such as my favourite MIDIguitar thru any channel.

like you said that toy is for coffee house gigs and rehearsals....nothing more.