Introducing Modula - Why own one console when you can have them all?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by MehdiMuzikk, Feb 21, 2020.

1. MehdiMuzikk

MehdiMuzikk Member

What Is Modula?
    well ? you remember Nebula , acustica-audio .
    What you think about this product ?

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. w4rr1or

w4rr1or Ultrasonic

I'm an acustica audio fan boy , bought and use 90% of their plugins but unfortunately for me modula doesnt sit well with my workflow at this current stage.

I tend to use different eqs /comps on the same track depending on what I'm looking for and that would mean it would show as a few strips in modula which would drive me crazy workflow wise.

It wasn't designed to be that ; more like a real console workflow so I guess it's all about preferences!

Amazing product nevertheless

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

remembers me of slate and mcdsp costum channel strips

5. tun

tun Rock Star

am i missing something? to me this just replaces a mouse with a touchscreen.

6. Warry12

Warry12 Member

Friends of mine worked with a touch screen. They returned them... Why? They could never place the screen right and always had problems with their shoulders/arms because of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I do understand the problems your friends had. It's just not ergonomic to press fingers on a vertical screen in front of you.

But I do like touch screens as well as it is how we would use our fingers naturally.
    So I took an affordable Dell 24'' touch screen, cut out a hole into my desk and I reattached the cut-out piece to my table with hinges from below. All cables go down and do not disturb. So now I have a 24'' touch screen in front of me at an angle of about 20 degrees and behind are two vertical 24'' screens without touch function.
    This works great and is doable even for a more mediocre do-it-yourselfer.

• List
  8. tun

tun Rock Star

give me faders over touch screen any day of the week. there is no feedback with a touchscreen, its very odd to use, you have to use your eyes too, which is not always fluid.

9. Lock it down

Lock it down Ultrasonic

(To me) tuchscreens are the opposite of using fingers naturally -- no tactile feedback, just tons of hand waving/wasted motion & having to look for a picture of a knob on a smooth glass slab, instead of using *a mouse*. Don't get me wrong, I love hardware, love the feel of sexy faders/switches/knobs as much as keyboard players/typists like good action on their keyboards, but glass slabs with *pictures* of hardware are not it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I tried a touchscreen. It just does NOT respond right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Yes, I can imagine that this feels strange to you, if you have always worked with the mouse.
    For me, it's like I've been working with Wacom tablets for ages and have completely forgotten how to use a mouse.
    So it's a big improvement for me to be able to work with both hands instead of just one: On the right with the Wacom pen and on the left with my fingers on a touchscreen. I can arrange the screen content as it suits me. I save miles and miles of mouse movement on three screens.
    But when I tried to convince a friend of mine: it just did not work for him. :dunno:

btw.: the modula thing seems to be a little overfilled to me. Just a bunch of buttons and faders would have been more intuitive I guess. Buttons and faders work well on a touch screen, but rotary controls don't.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  12. tun

tun Rock Star

for me it is equal to a mouse, it just seems pointless to spend money for a touchscreen that does the same as your mouse can already do.
    i would much rather spend that money on physical faders/knobs/button/etc that you get feedback from.
    with a touchscreen you have to look at it at least when you are first making contact with it in order to know what position it is in. and knobs are even worse, they are just not the same and can never be with a touchscreen.

13. Lock it down

Lock it down Ultrasonic

A touch screen has more in common with an iPhone than a drawing tablet. In a pinch, a stylus sorta works as a mouse (e.g. basic mouse-click menu stuff inside CC apps), but even in pshop, with all the macro buttons on the tablet, I use keyboard/mouse for everything but drawing.
    Right hand on the mouse, left on the keyboard (typing or MIDI), eyes on the screen. Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it.
    Not sure how. Moving my wrist 2" gets me across a 27" screen (mouse ballistics). With a 27" touchscreen, I'd need to move my arm twenty-seven inches.