Internal Sharing!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by remix, Oct 4, 2015.

?

Should the MODS be removed and new ones appointed?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    44.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mono

mono Audiosexual

@LordFunky can't wait till R2R find out about this
    they know who has access to the internal stuff
    and i just like to say this
    selling R2R internals is the worst thing use ever did.

Now to jump in the deep end,

@SAiNT the people that are selling these you know very well
    the 100 software stuff R2R want goes true them
    and the longer they dont pass on the software to R2R
    the longer eveything will stay internal
    and these fools can then sell and make money from the R2R internals
    im not 100% on this but it makes cents/sense,

one way to find out is to start a count of how much stuff
    R2R should have by now i dont agree with what R2R are doing
    but i still sent a few things.

2. Catalyst has been a friend to me and I believe also to the community. I am witnessing what I feel is a fantastic hatchet job on his character and his work here as a moderator. I really have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes and what warrants all these accusations being thrown around by other members and I feel it a terrible injustice to belittle a person that felt what was best for the scene (whatever that really means) was to do what he supposedly had done, namely share a few things to a small group of people, myself being one, that if released into the wild could have been harsh for the person making it available. Of course this might be against the site policy, but I have not understood that to be a rule, not any that I have read. I am not acting as an apologist for the man but rather as a friend that is standing by his side in solidarity. To my eyes he worked very hard for the members and even if he made errors of judgement, to be lambasted like I have seen is way over the top and does not merit such harsh and penetrating criticism. What can really be gained by doing so?

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

It's not that only! Read his posts & comments really good and you'll notice a constant rude and harsh undertone.
    That's by far not the tone of an understanding, tolerant moderator! However he has done his job, relatively good
    in the beginning but in the time becoming more and more arrogant. We learn by doing mistakes...
    ...we can improve by recognizing this and change our "levels" of communication.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

excellent and sage analysis sir... salut... :bow:

5. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

My vote goes to Kook. He seems to have the decency, morals and the balls to do a great job:cool:

I think you mean, we learn by making mistakes...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I'd be more than happy to watch this become reality.

7. Hoggsfeller1

Hoggsfeller1 Ultrasonic

I have just signed up here, but have been reading these forums for a while now. I am sad to see all of this in-fighting and general childish behavior from some of the members here. Each of us have our own opinions about these issues, but this forum is supposed to be about AUDIO and I for one do not care who likes or dislikes who and or why. Grow up.Not everyone will agree on everything. We need to RESPECT each other a lot more if we ever want to see the Teams decide to help us again. Eveytime we bash,flame or troll each other that just hurts our chances of having their respect in the future. Get back to the core of things and HELP not HURT.

I trust SAiNT will find the right people for the job.

That is all I have to say about this.

On the topic of audio, has anyone figured out why waves will not load Vigg or Cobalt in most DAWs? I have tried all of the methods of patching and cannot get 27 29 or 30 to work properly. Ideas?

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu.

8. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

to say I REALLY new ANYBODY ON THE INTERNET well is a fucking laugh. But I can only go by every specific experience I had with the various individuals...

I dont know if anyone's talkin shit on zeus... but that would be some bullshit... cuz I know him super well :D.. no... haha... but I have had zero issues with him... no "vibes" either... like many have had with others.

Anyhow... whats up with Mykal?.. was he somethin around here?.. by somethin, I mean moderator, or whatever?... if he was, apparently he did not make the cut. Never had much "back n forth" wit' him...

I have had zero problems with Copy... he has helped me shitloads... and im not even talkin bout releases (which completely goes without sayin)... furthermore, I am glad to have been able to help him on occasions...

9. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Yeah if he can let go of that Mac is so much better then Pc attitude i would vote for him but that will never happen :)

10. Guitarmaniac64

I think he is mod on another site that became pay o leave.

11. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

i personal would never ever vote for Mr. Kookaboo . he has too many faces and too many , i use his own words , nazi talk if someone has another pov from the reality as him , just look on his comments over the years .

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Slider

Slider Producer

Can't help you there friend but considering the topic of this thread, may I suggest you might have better luck getting answers if you start a new post. Cheers! :wink:

13. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Well stated... eloquent, profound and fucking swear words... :winker:

14. xsze

xsze Guest

Also he got banned from here because he went extra mile with insulting and everything, he is emotional too, so no way he would be good mod ever :no:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Guitarmaniac64

Really? i am also a member on some other sites and to me it seems that all releases are here aswell as on those sites.
    Am i missing some sites?
    I must do a google.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Thanks but I don't want to apply for such a position.
    Nothing against being a supplier or small contributor from time to time...
    ...but at the moment I cannot even send PM on AudioZ and imagine what
    a nightmare it is trying to post something. The site is buggy for me.
    I'm also on an old computer machine, which doesn't allow me access to
    the newest software out there, but there's so many people who can bring it.

17. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

i've seen a lot of stuff released on others thats not on here.

i dont want to start naming things, mainly talking about mac as well i dont check out windows releases

18. Anakin

Anakin Guest

yes it is true some stuff is not on AZ ( for example updates for omni2)

19. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I have done internal shares and group buys on the Z for top notch Kontakt libraries. But I did not share it because the libraries were watermarked. If you message me on AZ, perhaps ask me what I have and if you are interested I will give it to you. I cannot state it on here because people know about AZ and also to cover my ass as well. Lol. But if you are looking for something nice in terms of Kontakt libraries and samples, I may or may not have what you need. If I do and I haven't shared it's because of reasons such as watermarking or just extreme size or other reason(s).
    Same user name: Claytonr. Just search for "Orange tree samples strawberry" if all else fails. Lol.
    Cheers. :wink: :mates:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

I think there's a strong difference between watermarked releases and other things not ready for prime-time, and things that are kept to a private club simply out of spite or because of social status / ranking.

In my opinion, AZ/AS started becoming uncomfortable when the openness and transparency moved to a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, those in the know will get my reference ;)" sort of place. There were definitely parts of the site and social circles that only certain people were parts of. I can't read Saint's mind, but I don't feel the vision was ever to be like other closed/pay sites. Some people seemed to feel differently, and wanted to morph AZ into some kind of meritocracy or dictatorship where only those deemed worthy or 'cool' enough could take part in anything substantial. To that, I say: Start your own site or go somewhere else. There are plenty of places with trading ratios, closed memberships, etc.

If you're the type of person that already knows R2R personally, has access to Scene FTPs, has your own personal network of suppliers and reversers on tap, then what do you need AZ for? Why not just stay to yourself and that world? Why try to change the nature of the beast?

From my perspective, R2R, HEXWARS, et al. started sharing things internally, not because they were dangerous to let out, but because they no longer wanted the casual crowd (due to complaining, in-fighting, lack of appreciation, status, etc.) to have them. Which is totally within their rights, but if Saint and the majority of the people here have a different attitude and mission statement, then why try to force anyone's hand?

I never understood why AZ (one site out of many) was somehow the barometer for whether or not R2R was releasing anymore, as if there was some contract, affiliation, or mutual partnership between the two parties. So far as I'm aware, AZ never had any particular endorsement from The Scene or even groups (like R2R) that were only P2P. The Scene has never wanted anyone outside of The Scene to have releases, anyway. I don't see how any behavior at AZ/AS, right or wrong, is going to, or could, affect that.

As for R2R/HEXWARS and similar... the demands and expectations were unclear. No one brokered any kind of deal about how many softs had to be supplied, etc. There weren't really any official spokespeople on either side of the fence, there weren't clear ways to contact anyone, and it wasn't even clear who the relevant parties were or what exactly they wanted.

If R2R and related had an investment in continuing to release here, why not go straight to Saint and negotiate some rule changes or something? It was always just finger wagging (by Catalyst mostly) that "all you good-for-nothings better shape up or you won't get any scraps", as if that was going to change the atmosphere and attitude around here.

That's just my interpretation of what and how things went down.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.