Internal MIDI routing is fucked in FL 12?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Bump, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

I'm racking my brain trying to understand why the following is happening to me....

When I try to route the MIDI output port to the input port of another instrument I get no sound. Every sixth note or so I will hear sound but then nothing. It FEELS like its a bottleneck but idk.

If I use a chord plugin and route the midi to another instrument if I even DO hear notes its not a chord but only a single note. And its happened with 4 different chord plugins.

Has anybody else experienced this?

3. audiowolf

audiowolf Producer

Perhaps looking in the debug log will give you a hint as to what's happening with your MIDI communications? Try pushing F10.

4. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Whenever I find my software behaving awkwardly, I re-install it after a clean un-install. If possible, try this.

5. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Sounds more like your Controller has changed cc notes did you check that first? all other apps plugs responding fine with controller?

6. statik

statik Audiosexual

i think you'll need to setup virtual midi channels that will route the output port to the input port, dont think the input and output ports that you can configure in FL studio are meant for internal use

edit: i just tried it with loopmidi but no luck. i think the vst's need to send out midi as well and prolly not many do that

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  7. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

In the channel settings on the plugin you can route the plugins midi I/O to receive or send. I did it in 11 all the time and never once had an issue. I had it working with no issue in 12 too until I installed the Extreme Ice W7 from Mostwest

Yea all plugs work fine with the controller. It's sending the proper notes. This isn't working even if I paint the notes in the sequencer or play with the qwerty keyboard.

It's not a bit bridging issue either bcuz 64-bit plugins behave the same.

8. statik

statik Audiosexual

hmmz then it's prolly something that was left out of ice, time to revert back to normal win7. dont get why i couldnt get it to work tho.. but then again i never used it and prolly dont need to use it

9. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

ive so so many problems with the update to 12 its just unreal!!!
    To the point where ive just had to revert to 11 when runnin fl coz over half my plugins crash the system when inputting any realtime data.....The asio drivers do the same when selected....theres so much i could gripe about but for me personally it just doesnt seem ready yet... i just think that it should be compatible right throughout the different ranges of setups ... "to a degree of course.i wouldnt expect full funcionality on an old xp system " and im on win 7,64bit quad core i5 at 3.5ghz and 8mgram"..so are most of the guys n gals i know who run FL.......sorry i didnt so much as answer your question as i did complain......he he.....sorry mann..i got isues with it myself!

10. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

12.1.3 here, everything works without crashes ( only had to ditch twindelay which isn't updated anymore)

have you tried to de-select cut itself?
    did you by accident set a range/ofset in the envelope tab?

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

Using Midi routing in FL Studio is a bit tricky but after overcoming you'd enjoy it. Most of the problems in the Midi routing happen in the feedback situations. It causes your CPU meter to be banged. ((Patcher in FL Studio + VFXs)) allow more controlling capabilities. Try to use them. Just right click on the "From FL Studio" inside Patcher. You can route every channel of every port to the others and also others related to CC modifying.

I personally think FL Studio has the most complete MIDI routing and manipulation capabilities among most DAWs even better than Logic. But needs some familiarizations.

Btw, http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator allows controlling the MIDI messages programmatically. Good for debugging too. It's unique.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  12. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

It was a bridging issue...routing midi from 32-bit bridged plugins to 64-bit doesn't work....this was not an issue in earlier revisions on FL 12.

13. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Well thing is that i dont really use any of the fruity vsts exept a couple of the fx or maybe maximus
    All my stuff is 3rd party and the vsts ive a prob with i cant live without which is why i need a solution to why it crashes when selecting them or inputting realtime data....................theres a workround to that if when it crashes you move the mouse over the top of the playlist n right click"i think" and the sequencer starts up again.......but for every tweak you make its unacceptable for me.......but would of course welcome any help.......thanx

14. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Not sure if this solution will work for your problem, but you could try the following :

1.) Navigate to FLStudio.exe (main program file)

2.) Right-click, and choose properties

3.) Click "Change settings for all users" box, down at the bottom.

4.) Click "run program as an administrator"

This solved a problem of FL12 not allowing me to drag audio files into the playlist from the desktop. Might work??

Another option would be to just revert back to the latest version of FL11.

15. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yeah i did just that "reverting back to 11".....i think i tried to run as admin but still it happens whuich is just ridiculous in my book..........i didnt pay all that cash for the signature to not be able to update without loosing my prized and most used fx and synth vst,s.......but didnt try what you said bout properties so i will re install 12 and do as you sudgested"yes i spelt that wrong i know"........will do that shortly as now ive messed with 12,and yes its way more functional so hope i can sort it coz if im honest despite me loving it if i cant get it sorted im gonna have to go back to cubase or ableton................ill let ya,s know how it goes.............thanks man!!.......................JJ

16. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Sorry what do you mean exactly.........also soz 4 responce time m8

17. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

Is your 3rd party VST multi timbre? If so you need to make Midi Outs. In your VST you need to set the Input not Output. You may already know these things just a little trouble shooting is all. Also it might be a good idea to use FL ASIO for the time being. FL 12 has issues with other ASIO for some reason. Uncheck triple buffer in audio settings. Also try unselecting truncated notes as well. Last thing for audio settings is unselecting mix in buffer switch may also help. Back to Midi... Double check your Hardware Controller that is has not reset any Midi CC. If your controller is not in the Supported Midi Controller list... Use Tascam US 428. It is a general controller setup from better than the General Controller selection. Make sure in your VST that your Multi Midi is routed to the Mixer. Some call it 12345678 others abcdefgh or similar. In the VST midi settings do not click auto route. It sometimes will route your VST to the master and makes you miss one Midi number in FL 12. Do it manually and in the Pattern part where you put your vst. On the left side make sure that that number is null. You want to mainly just route the Midi. The VST is automatically routed to master anyways. By no means do I promise this will work. This is only with my experience. Hope this helps and makes sense.

18. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Hey bro......For the record what all you guys were sudgessting didnt work...However since the release of fl12.2 it seems now at long long last that most of the bugs i had are now ironed out....still got a few niggles but nowhere near as it was.......cheers for the help and apologies for my responce time mann!!....

J

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List