Interesting Hospital Story/Help Contacting Someone

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Catalyst, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Interesting story or at least I thought so. I had checked into the hospital for the second time this year because my doctor discovered that I had DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) during a Doppler ultrasound looking into why my right leg was seriously swollen. They think it occurred during my first stay when I had to have open heart surgery and was held for 2 months, most of that time spent in bed, between March and May. Ended up that I had massive blood clots over the femoral artery (major artery) in my right leg and they had travelled to my left lung which resulted in me having to have 2 liters of fluid pumped out of my pleura, which is the area surrounding the lungs. While I was being fed intravenous blood thinners to break up the clots, which sadly are still there to this day, I found myself moved to a room with a very interesting neighbor.

I ended up roommates with none other than William Barnes the choreographer for Blondie's Rapture video. For those who might not know, this was the first Rap video to ever play on MTV. We got to talking and became very friendly over the couple of weeks that I was there. It ended up that he knew Mike Quashie, "The Limbo King" who was a friend of mine that recently passed away (RIP Mike :blues:) and had known him as well. Mike's deserving of his own post though that I'll do in the future as an homage to his amazing life. It got me thinking about what a small world this is and what the chances were that, of all people in that hospital, it was me that ended up as his roommate. I helped him to review some nursing homes where he could recuperate and be under someone's watch as he had some serious issues and was connected to an oxygen tank so it was unsafe for him to go back home where he lived alone. I was just wondering if anyone knows him and would be willing to see how he's doing and let him know that his roommate from the hospital says hi. If you know my real name, feel free to use it when contacting him. Or perhaps you might know someone that knows him. I would really greatly appreciate that. Here's the Rapture video for anyone that wants to see who I'm talking about. He's the guy in the white suit aka Voodoo God. Thanks. :bow:

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

@Catalyst Lovely story.
    Wishing you all the best, and to Mike.
    I will relay the message to some of my elders.
    You never know, someone may see this or google his name and find it, and let him know.