Intel's sponsorship: Seriously?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Evorax, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

It seems they afford to support this type of sh*t. It's not surprising as long as all of us knows they monopolized the CPU market on a pretty "fair" price.
    I must admit I'd buy that "nuclear" container though only if it was made of titanium and also having a password option. It would've serve as a safe-box nicely.(in case i would've been damn rich). The config is tempting though... but... unless you use money as a toilet paper, there's no reasons to go that further.

Nice marketing move, Intel! More "untrained" brains to wash this way, huh? :sad:

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Consumer market and just about most stuff in my life as I found out recently is about:
    1. Strife for perfection
    2. Comparison
    3. Fear of getting it broken/not having it
    Let's say I buy something new. I start comparing it to other stuff I have/ others have and start noting its flaws. And since I want things to be perfect, I'm constantly in rush to upgrade it, improve it, make it more efficient, more powerful, better, nicer, faster, stronger, etc.
    Ultimately, once I say, "This is so awesome, I should get another one. What if this one stops working.." the cycle repeats itself. Then I start comparing the second one to the first one.

In the end, the reason for purchasing, and ultimately the dreamy happiness surrounding the imagination, completely vanishes, and I end up with two not-quite-useless-things-but-not-quite-necessary.
    The point is not to settle with what you have, but to be happy with what you have :mates:

That is my today's lesson.

:break:

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

+1 !

5. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

"... unless you use money as a toilet paper, there's no reasons to go that further." :rofl:

Thank you, Evorax! Good morning to you too. :rofl:

And to contribute something wise to the thread, I'd stay away from anything brand new. or "brand new", as far as the tech goes. I only use tech that's at least one year old or more. Why? Because they had a chance to iron out all, or most of the bugs and the price has come down in the mean time. Not buying "brand new" saves you from trouble and it saves your money, too! :wink:

7. copylefter

copylefter Producer

The first comment on that article cracked me up. :lmao:
    "Don't execute the HCF instruction" :lmao: (the famous halt and catch fire instruction, a.k.a. "CPU, stop what you're doing and stfu")

+1000 for Andrew, that's pure wisdom :bow:
    +1000 for SineWave too :wink:

8. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Now how much do they want for this container?

Imagine in what small box all the things inside could fit :rofl:

Seems like computer nerds and music gear nerds have some things in common:

"Wow, this motherboard goes up to 3000 mHz!"

"Wow, this album was recorded with a 192 kHz sample-rate!"

I personally am very happy with my self-built i7 2600K computer.
    Super silent and with high-performance at the same time, just what a DAW needs.

Couldn't agree more with "never buy the newest stuff".
    (Unless you have money to burn - or to use as toilet paper, to quote Evorax *yes* )

9. copylefter

copylefter Producer

yep Gulliver,
    that is called "DSOD" , acronym for "dick size obsessive disease", it affect many people from different categories worldwide :lmao:

I'm going to build my first hackintosh soon, with a Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H and i5 4690K, I think I can live knowing it's not the most performant toaster in the world.
    That's what I can afford atm anyway, so I will try to be happy with it, surely more than with this 2.5GHz i5 - 4GB MBP I share with other people now, that sometimes is a bit slow when I use it for disassembling large stuff. But for my music production needs its already enough for now. ;)