Intel Crash

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Auen Fred, Aug 2, 2024.

1. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Platinum Record

[​IMG]

2. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Couple Intel slides on Arrow Lake-S:

+9% IPC P-Core, +32% IPC E-Core compared to 13th/14th gen.

Single thread Intel Ultra 9 285K (Blue) vs AMD 9950X (Red) vs Intel 14900K (white line):
    upload_2024-10-8_11-24-41.png

Games, 14900K vs 285K, arrows denote drop in power consumption vis-a-vis 13/14th gen:
    upload_2024-10-8_11-26-24.png

Games, 285K vs 9950X:
    upload_2024-10-8_11-28-38.png

upload_2024-10-8_11-27-24.png

Very interesting if true. Looks like Intel heavily focused on power consumption (much like AMD), with ARL-S not always able to beat Intel's own previous gens or AMD's current gen. Earlier multi-threading benchmarks were pretty bad for Intel, might be why there's no MT slides - but we'll have to see.

3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Fek i can't find my own comment about a month ago(?) where i said i 'd heard that the upcoming TSMC made Intel Core Ultra 9 285K, 265K and 245K will support DDR5 6400MT out of the box with no oc. Probably not in this thread. Anyway, it's true. Also support for CUDIMMs is there too. And all on TSMC's latest 3nm process node. I hope they 're good, we need the competition back up and alive!
    https://www.techpowerup.com/cpu-specs/core-ultra-9-285k.c3773

EDIT: What is very interesting here is that these new Intel cpus have no hyper threading whatsoever. Now this comes at a very strange time where AMD are heavily invested towards adding one more thread per core, actually going for 3 simultaneous threads per core. Don't be surprised if AMD's next gen is 16cores/48 threads hahah. Also the Intel cpu is no longer a monolithic design. It's chiplets like AMD but they call it "tiles" because they stack 'em. Hmmm... can't wait to try these Intel Ultras...
    EDIT 2: Those new Intels have a very interesting hardware feature for the techies. All cpus before it had the VRMs from the motherboard delivering voltage to the cpu. Intel Ultras have a DLVR (Digital Linear Voltage Regulator), which actually serves as a mediator between the VRMs and the cores themselves executing a type of "check and regulated delivery" of voltage to the cores. And there also is a DLVR bypass function. Now why do i think that all this 13th and 14th gen fiasco led to Intel actually having to install such a device on their cpus to keep in check reckless mobo manufacturers (and users for that matter) hehehe. Btw these new cpus can have P cores individually tweaked which may or may not lead to interesting results. We 'll see...
    EDIT 3: Correction. The 6400 mt/s ram native support is only for CUDIMMS. Normal UDIMM support is at 5600mt/s. Sorry for this but i just learn as i go along, after other more thorough sources than Intel's own presentation and while being on social media with all techies i know too. Oh and 4 DIMMs on board drops it to 4800MT/s. All this is yet to be confirmed. Stay tuned

Last edited: Oct 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List